Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the old can off and put one of the canisters of my old bike (my 06' FZ6's scorpion pipe) on.
I cut the bend out of the orginal ZX-10 pipe for the angle and welded it in to the scorpion and then put a long 3 inch bolt with some ******* spacers on it to attach it to the rear foot peg.

In the long run took like 2 hours to make, was it worth it? Yes, it saved me 300 dollars easy, and the sound is decent.

Not to loud, not to quiet.

For me I don't mind the mess because I will imagine one day I will actually upgrade to a full system or even a turbo if I get a massive load of money somehow, but since I'm broke and barely making the payments I will stick with my gut on my aftermarket designs lol.

Here are a picture of the finish product.

I also included a youtube video of it, to show the sound off a little. It was on a digital camera so nothing special to record the actual sound but at least you can get an idea.

Just put the link in another tab, I'm not quiet to sure how to add videos as of yet.

And yes the boombox is still attached.

·
Registered
477 Posts
why not drill out the rivets and turn the end cap 180 degress,so the outlet is facing away from the wheel?i think that will improve the look???cheer's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As the position it sits right now it doesn't go into the wheel. From the angle in the picture it looks like it.

I actually enjoy the way it came out, far differnet from my orginal idea of it.

But thanks for the info. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts