Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the A and R mod, and I have a BMC Street filter. I am using the map A and R sent, and it feels fine, even stronger, but sound lean at the low end, popping and such. A guy around here will do a custom map for $200.00. How does this sound? Is it worth it with the few mods I have? Don;t want to waste money, who does right? I haven't tried any other maps, like the stock map or such. Any advice please.. Peace :cool:

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
$200 isn't bad.

I am not sure that I'd spend the money to re-map for what is essentially a slip on. You could always play around with the map that A&R sent.

Chris

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Dont do it!!! You'll end up doing what everyone else does including myself... They buy a new exhaust system as soon as you see a good deal. Im sure the map they sent you is decent. Wait till your done with all your mods before you spend money on a map cause every change you do will like a new map. Trust me!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's pretty cheap for a custom map. I paid $375 for mine. But remember at $200 are you getting a repetuable tuner that's woked on a 10R before or are you getting a newbie learning to tune?

·
Registered
643 Posts
i paid $200 for mine (akra FS, BMC, PCIII). I agree with most, dont do it!!!!!!!!! wait, you will love the sound as is, but will want even more power and will buy a full system. i'd say save the $200 and buy a 520 -1 chain and sprocket kit. keep yours eyes open, decent prices pop up on full systems all the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts