Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 06 10 I had a pair of akras cans, then I crashed now I have half an akra can.

So my headers are still in perfect nic and im wondering, would it be possible to just take them to an exhaust place with measurments on exactly how long and angles it needed to have and get them to make a little slash cut pipe stick out the bottom??

What other modifications would I need to make to the bike if I did this? like those baffles where it starts to run upwards again?

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
:dontknow: I'm sure it can be done with a little ingenuity, patience, and $$$$$$$$$$....:badteeth: I'm doing my own kinda GP style exhaust on my 04 10R using an 06 Yamaha R6 can:wink: ...........still waiting for the can though from the supplier...:sad:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you using the 06 R6 micron can?
I'm starting off with the stock R6 can (got almost new for $30 from ebay), then if I can fit it right, I'll probably look into the aftermarket cans....no sense in spending all the $$$$$$$$ if it doesn't fit right, even with custom piping and brackets...:wink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's exactly what I was going for!!!!!! :badteeth: But I'll keep my exhaust valve so mine will stick out a little more than that...maybe 4 inches or so......

Thanks for the link, now I can really picture it - it should look (and sound) awesome. I wonder if I should take the baffles off?:dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts