Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of various questions about this technique, but nothing as far as a thread....unless I have missed it??

pics and descriptions anyone ???

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Isn't the regulator on ours inside the fuel pump assembly (not external)?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
just finished doing this, had a coffee after posting the link, got inspired...went and did it.

Drained the tank.
Remove pump.
The regulator is accessable from here. There is a small plastic body on the upper portion of the assembly, that clips/clicks onto the main structure.
Remove this cover, and voila!, said regulator hiding behind door #1.

As he said, be carefull!!! the first moves are big relative to pressure increases...but when you get close, a little goes a lonnng way.
I did the same thing and made an assembly for my air pig..piece of hose, 2 clamps.

Did the first pressure check,and mine was bang on at 41psi.....ended up around 80psi for final pressure.

I think they are shooting for 60-65psi for normal applications.

Whats is the goal with the E85?? what is your project???...are they also running a 13.1:1 A/F ratio target with it too???..............tell us more!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
More power (not as much as mr12) and it's cheaper than reg. unleaded. Win/Win in my book.

From what I have heard E85 alone requires 30-35% more fuel, thus requiring the crushed regulator.

·
Registered
536 Posts
As pressure goes up, resistance to flow goes up. A stock pump won't flow enough fuel at 80psi to support much power. You will need a better pump at that psi

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far so good, the 80psi set pump is working with a PC map in the -20 range,unboosted Under boost, range +25 for 9psi of boost, with an easy 11.5-12.0 A/F under load.

Interesting with the higher Fuel pressure the PC map has more consistency and linear build then typical.

With the Walbro 255 and higher psi one could have limitless potential.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts