Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I was extremely envious of jstwkd1 on our 250 mile ride. He had the Helibars with a throttlemeister and he looked pretty comfortable. He almost had to fight me, bd, bl00d and dragone for it.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I was extremely envious of jstwkd1 on our 250 mile ride. He had the Helibars with a throttlemeister and he looked pretty comfortable. He almost had to fight me, bd, bl00d and dragone for it.
:lol:

I never used one.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I haven't either, but it looked like it was a nice piece to have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guy's i need more input....last year my gf and i rode a 2700km bike trip in 3 days, our bikes didn't have a cruise on them.....took me a month to feel my right arm again, going on another trip this weekend....please don't let me suffer again.....thankx.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just checked out throttlemeister's website, they look pretty cool. Now too expensive either. The only thing I dont like, Is how the heavy ones look so big. even the lighter ones look way bigger than the stock ends. Maybe in black they wont look too big.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just put the standard Throttlemeister, in black, on my '04 10 and they look like they belong there. They are not overly large or ungainly looking. Plus, the red band on the Throttlemeister is just tape, so it can be pulled right off. They make long road trips A LOT more comfortable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks 4 the input.....just got back from our ride 1600km,3-day's, who would have thought lake huron was so small....easy ride. think i'll take a look at the throttlemeisters again 4 both our bikes.. thanks guy's.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I am very happy with them. I dont think I will own another bike without them. They are a bit on the bigger side. Mine came stainless with the red line. I just sanded them down and painted them flat black. The black is a must otherwise they do seem to stick out a bit.
Here are the part #s the guys at Throttlemeisters sent me for the Heli bars.
FT & ASDB2 for the standard size $125 or FH & ASDB2-H for the heavy $142.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
rotten bastid you'd a thought he'd loan um to the old man but nooooooooooooooooo he had to have them all for himself...:thefinger

BD

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Big Daddy said:
rotten bastid you'd a thought he'd loan um to the old man but nooooooooooooooooo he had to have them all for himself...:thefinger

BD
LMAO!.......Hey the big guy needs a break ounce in awhile. Its hard keeping all this weight up!:crackup: :crackup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
jstwkd1 said:
I am very happy with them. I dont think I will own another bike without them. They are a bit on the bigger side. Mine came stainless with the red line. I just sanded them down and painted them flat black. The black is a must otherwise they do seem to stick out a bit.
Here are the part #s the guys at Throttlemeisters sent me for the Heli bars.
FT & ASDB2 for the standard size $125 or FH & ASDB2-H for the heavy $142.
Lookin good, I was in a hurry and left my adapters stainless but bought the black ends, also did not realize I could remove red tape. Yours look better than the crinkle black I bought.

The "small" ones are about like 636 ends or normal old school bar ends and are heavy- the stock ones are more like caps than weights, might as well be plastic.
But stock looks good.

Didn't realize how much buzz the bars had til it was gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts