Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with the 2021's having issue when setting the cruise control, the bike seems to drop the speed by almost 5 mph sometimes. I read up on some other brands that it is possible to adjuster the throttle cable to take care of the cruise control accuracy. Anyone else with the same problem?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Considering the Gen 6 doesn't have a throttle cable, I doubt you can adjust that to correct anything.

It would seem like the issue is more speed related than anything to do with the throttle. The throttle position will change repeatedly to keep the speed constant. It does tjust lock the throttle setting. When you say it drops off some, do you mean right after you set It? Or it drops out from a steady speed to a lower one while it's engaged? Or do you mean it is slow to recover back to the set speed so the speed drops down some before it accelerates back up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering the Gen 6 doesn't have a throttle cable, I doubt you can adjust that to correct anything.

It would seem like the issue is more speed related than anything to do with the throttle. The throttle position will change repeatedly to keep the speed constant. It does tjust lock the throttle setting. When you say it drops off some, do you mean right after you set It? Or it drops out from a steady speed to a lower one while it's engaged? Or do you mean it is slow to recover back to the set speed so the speed drops down some before it accelerates back up?
It drops speed immediately after I set it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know what you mean…. But it’s limited to 85mph for one. I usually put it on at 80 keep throttle on a little and push the plus till I get 85 it isn’t the best system to be honest.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You know these things change over time, but its going to take me a little while to adjust my limited intelligence that we are now discussing cruise control on a track weapon which the ZX10R (no hyphen) is. Cruise control on a hooligans machine what next. Yes i know it is standard G6. But Fuck me cruise control.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You know these things change over time, but its going to take me a little while to adjust my limited intelligence that we are now discussing cruise control on a track weapon which the ZX10R (no hyphen) is. Cruise control on a hooligans machine what next. Yes i know it is standard G6. But Fuck me cruise control.
I read the thread title and thought the same thing! LOL.

My ol 2nd gen don't even have hazard flashers and now the new bikes have damn cruise control.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
You guys just don't get it.

The cruise control is essential for the fast track guys. It was developed for Johnny Rea in WSBK. If they don't include that on the homologated bike, then it can't be used in the WSBK races. If the ECU is reflashed, then the cruise control speed is unrestricted. It's one of those set-it-and-forget it features. When the red light goes out, you set the cruise control and just wait for the checkered flag to drop. The same is true for the heated grips on the Gen 6. You can't steer the bike properly on track during the cold rainy days when they race. I expect heated footpegs are next and will come standard in next years model.

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaLife

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You guys just don't get it.

The cruise control is essential for the fast track guys. It was developed for Johnny Rea in WSBK. If they don't include that on the homologated bike, then it can't be used in the WSBK races. If the ECU is reflashed, then the cruise control speed is unrestricted. It's one of those set-it-and-forget it features. When the red light goes out, you set the cruise control and just wait for the checkered flag to drop. The same is true for the heated grips on the Gen 6. You can't steer the bike properly on track during the cold rainy days when they race. I expect heated footpegs are next and will come standard in next years model.
Yeah, heated foot pegs are desperately needed, lately Rea spends so much time with one foot off of the peg that when it touches down again, the colder peg on that side gives a neutral feeling that has affected his times and Toprak has been capitalizing on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts