Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a buddy work on my old 06 gsxr1000 a while ago. he said that suzuki has some sort of fresh air system on the gsxr that is unnecessary. well im not sure what all he did because it was so long ago. but he disconnected some wires added a resistor somewhere thats all i know he did. but it did add some noticeable hp to the bike. im sorry i dont remember anymore details but what im trying to ask what is a fresh air system is it if there is one and is it the same on my 06 10? any ideas? or am i just crazy

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
There is a Clean Air System on our 10's it is discussed in the manual in chapter 5-14. Download the manual : http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49085 You can eliminate it with block-offs (I used Ivans) or by flipping the reed valves and reinstalling the system. All this will do is eliminate recirculation of air into the exhaust. It definitely will not add hp.

Resistor "thingy" probably some sort of TRE. I have GiPro ATRE. There is goobs of info on this forum about these topics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its not a tre. it was something he added it was a diode or a resistor after he unplugged something. . i cant remember i have done some research before posting couldnt find anything. im trying to get in touch with the guy but no luck. it wasnt block-0ffs. maybe it was different on the k6 gsxr

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
...probably talking about the emissions system. Suzuki calls it the PAIR system and Kawi calls it the KLEEN system.

The mod has been debated for years over at gixxer.com and some people have brought it up here also but there is no hp to be gained from doing this on any streetbike. Our engines don't make enough vacuum to suck the air out of the crankcase like the mod is supposed to do. I always remove my emissions junk to make a little extra room and to make it easier to get dyno tuning done but you don't gain any hp. Especially "noticeable" hp. It's more like the "perceived" hp that some people feel after they change their oil or put in a new air filter.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
There is a Clean Air System on our 10's it is discussed in the manual in chapter 5-14. Download the manual : http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49085 You can eliminate it with block-offs (I used Ivans) or by flipping the reed valves and reinstalling the system. All this will do is eliminate recirculation of air into the exhaust. It definitely will not add hp.

Resistor "thingy" probably some sort of TRE. I have GiPro ATRE. There is goobs of info on this forum about these topics.
:+1:

for those of you responding to the Clean Air System :headshake what wires and resistors are involved :rolleyes:

that is a classic case of the TRE mod. nothing else :wink:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
:+1:

for those of you responding to the Clean Air System :headshake what wires and resistors are involved :rolleyes:

that is a classic case of the TRE mod. nothing else :wink:
:idea:
Duh, didn't even think of that. Just thought he was confused about what was done. No wonder you're a mod, blue.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i guess i perceived wrong. but that sounds like what the guy did. but i did change my oil that day 2. lol
Yes it was. TRE s make a very big difference on the GSXR's.

I think the only free mod you could do on the 10 is the removing the secondary flaps / valves... :dontknow: Someone else would have to chime in on this though. I've never messed with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a while ago when the work was done. he never told me what it as called like tre or blah blah mod. but told me what it was for and whatever. did the mod for free so i took it. so on my 06 10 does a mod like this have any benefits? oh and btw thanks for the replys i felt pretty dump posting this question

·
Registered
819 Posts
The gsxr is limited on top end speed by gear sensor position,,,,, So a very easy way around it is to take a potentiometer and wire it into the gear sensor wires and adjust till it reads 4th all the time, this also adjusts the timing somewhat giving it the most aggressive ignition map. To get the best results of this pull the secondary flies and map it for this and the bike will pick up some easy HP.

The 10 on the other hand is not limited per say except for gearing. I did some testing with this some mod and didnt notice much of a gain if any. However pulling the secondaries is where its at for easy hp.

With both of these mods the important thing to remember is that once the bikes are at 100% throttle none of this comes into play, as they are not set back at all with timing.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
it was a while ago when the work was done. he never told me what it as called like tre or blah blah mod. but told me what it was for and whatever. did the mod for free so i took it. so on my 06 10 does a mod like this have any benefits? oh and btw thanks for the replys i felt pretty dump posting this question
from what I read on this site most with a second Gen 10R like you have like the TRE better than than first Gens. Try a search it's covered in to many places, when you try a search don't just do TRE it doesn't work well so try Ivans TRE, GiPro TRE that should give you all the info. you need....and :welcome:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts