Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Crew...

Although I've been riding for years, when the inevitable crash comes, it always makes me realize just how fresh I am out there when riding.

This was my first crash on my '06 ZX10R and although I got pretty hurt (snapped collarbone and a seriously rung bell) I am more pissed that my sweet ride got messed up. As far as the accident itself goes, I don't know the details. It was a relatively slow speed accident involving me and the road/ditch/gravel. It was on a mountain pass between the Coast Range of BC and the interior. I was cruising up this stretch of road called "The Duffy" which is notorious for being both a great scenic ride, but also a sketchy one due to gravel, steep hairpins, wooden bridges, and pot holes. I wasn't even more than 20 minutes into it when something went sideways on me. I know I was riding around 50kmh through the mild S turns... I've ridden this road many a time before and always do so caustiously. ALL I remember was coming out of a left, and being unable to put the bike down to hit the right - saw the shoulder, saw the ditch, and that's all... I was out for a long time, and came to with the ambulance there and several people around me. My clavicle was bulging outta my lower neck, and I didn't know where I was, where I lived, anything. Pretty scary. Anyway, just thought I'd share with y'all that the ATGATT rule is a good one no matter what - the mantra of "dress for the crash, not the ride" a good one; and that no matter what, these things happen.

I still don't know what happened... My friend who's fixing the bike said with the injuries sustained and the bike's damage, I got highsided. Some say it was a depression in the exit of the last turn that threw the bike down. My girlfriend says she thought she saw a big black tread mark plowing into the median... No one knows jack. I am here with a potential surgery to be, a busted up Zixxer and no recollection of the details... I do know where I live and can speak now without stuttering, but I am still pissed about the spill.

Can't wait to get better and twist that grip again :mrgreen:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad you're ok man! I'm fixing mine at the moment after being run off the road.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Yip my mate went down right next to me the weekend, not fun at all! Hope you make a full recovery soon and get your bike sorted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts