Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv crashed my orange zx10r 09 up fish hill broadway last sunday and im in need of a petrol tank, rear seat unit,( complete) and gear selector . i was goin up fish hill (left hander ) and lost my back tyre on a drain which flung me across into oncoming traffic nameley a man in a van with a trailer ,i went under the car trailer i think which is why my knee cap is fucht . when swelling goes down enough il be having an operation to take out bits of broken chipped bone,so any one with a orange zx10 08 09 breaking in england please pm me or just email me at [email protected] iv alota time on me hands now so i may aswell start fixing her back up ... ps the reason why my insurance isnt doing this its because i was only 3rd party fire & theft ..big lesson learnt there .. cheers joe

Attachments

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear man sounds like it could have been much much worse. Good luck getting your orange beauty back together and with your surgery. Heal up and take care man!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that thing looks bad, damn man glad you made it out as good as you did.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hi can any one tell me if theres any difference in usa and uk models ,i ask because im doing my shopping list to put the bike back together and iv bought a rear subframe from all power sports nevada as there is non in uk being broken for spares that i can find , iv attached a photo of actual part coming it doesnt look like mine (should of checked first ..dope) the exhaust servo looks like its mounted different to mine ?? i can be sure tho as mine was ripped off in accident .any help would be great ps i did check site first and couldnt find any post that could help .joe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Sorry about the wreck bro! The pic looks like that could be from a ZX6, but that's just a guess. It's def. not a 1st gen.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good luck with that bunch. they have quite the rep here in vegas. Nobody on any of the local forums has anything good to say about them...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers all, spot on with advice fucking awsome as usual . ...just gota get em to cancel the order in time now ... il keep an update of rebuild when im able to walk again and tinker with bike in garage .

·
Registered
411 Posts
dude.... ur "zx10r" wasn't worth comprehensive insurance??
the NINJA of ninjas??

:ninja4:

well anyways, lesson learnt, no doubt. Most important of all, is you're still kickin'.. for the most part. Glad to hear your bike is even repairable...
We all know ninjas tend to go kamakaze when they know they're going out hahaha.

You say you lost it on a drain...? what kind of drain?? like a man-hole on the road?? & were you riding alone?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Dude sorry to hear about your wreck, but I am glad to see you made it out with your ass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude.... ur "zx10r" wasn't worth comprehensive insurance??
the NINJA of ninjas??

:ninja4:

well anyways, lesson learnt, no doubt. Most important of all, is you're still kickin'.. for the most part. Glad to hear your bike is even repairable...
We all know ninjas tend to go kamakaze when they know they're going out hahaha.

You say you lost it on a drain...? what kind of drain?? like a man-hole on the road?? & were you riding alone?
yeh the joke is is that i was about to upgrade to fully comp ..gutted . the drain was chipped around it ie loose concrete around it ,but i was already committed at an angle that wouldnt let me get out of it unfortunutly .and yeh i was riding alone ,i lost the bike going up hill on a left hander and skidded across the road into an oncoming van towing a car trailer (it run over my leg) it smarted like fuch but my first thought and question to the people who stopped and helped was "is my bike ok" ...it was a rasounding "no m8 its fuched " ! im trying to find a company that sell complete fairing kit for it but cant find one . any help on that would be sweet .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude sorry to hear about your wreck, but I am glad to see you made it out with your ass.
cheers dude ,i made it out with a little less skin on my ass than i started with tho haha , god bless my leathers they took a real burning on the road , i will never ride without my full kit on thats for sure !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those pictures of your bike just make me cringe. Glad you are still in "mostly" one piece, heal up and get that bike back on the road. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
hey for the parts check babbits online I know they have them, I put an 09 zx-6 back together off that site

·
Registered
411 Posts
yeh the joke is is that i was about to upgrade to fully comp ..gutted . the drain was chipped around it ie loose concrete around it ,but i was already committed at an angle that wouldnt let me get out of it unfortunutly .and yeh i was riding alone ,i lost the bike going up hill on a left hander and skidded across the road into an oncoming van towing a car trailer (it run over my leg) it smarted like fuch but my first thought and question to the people who stopped and helped was "is my bike ok" ...it was a rasounding "no m8 its fuched " ! im trying to find a company that sell complete fairing kit for it but cant find one . any help on that would be sweet .
a guy was selling some a while back - chase him down and see if he's still got 'em...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70674&page=4

get ur tank fixed and repainted orange, use the black fairings, i'm pretty sure it'll look sick as!! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts