Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently lowsided my 2004 zx10, and it wrecked the entire left side fairings. My question is, if I had a crash cage like used in stunting would I still be able to lean it over on track days or does it limit the lean angle too much?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The lean abgle would deffinately be limited as compared to not having one but i dunno exactly how much.

BD

·
Registered
172 Posts
:dontknow:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does it still protect the bottom fairing OK. Have you tried them before?
Well I am not going to dump my bike to see if thats what your asking. If you are looking for some testimonials I would try the site. I know for a 150 bucks they better work. Ha!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually wrote to some dealers about this for my 07. they're not sure if i would have to cut my fairing, or if it would hurt lean angle. I like them though. i'm not sure if any of our sponsors carry them, i know knee draggers does.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zx10

I called them and you have to cut a hole in the plastic to mount them which kinda sucks. Maybe I'll go with race fairings and some no cut frame sliders. If I do wipe it out then it will be cheaper to replace, and it's easy to take them apart to do any maintenance :cool:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
check with your Track day organization. I know NESBA Midwest will not allow cages or racerails at their events.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If anybody has an 04-05 ZX10 I have a Freestyle Inginuity cage that has never touched the ground. These cages are 250.00+ depending on where you shop. Yes the fairings have to be cut and I have all bolts for the install. Also, if you bike is Titanium I have an extra set of Mid fairrings that have already been cut if anybody is interested. 150.00 shipped for the cage or 220.00 shipped w/ the fairrings.

·
Banned
333 Posts
This is the powers "Race rails" dont know if I would put it on my race bike! but they work well! the only down side is that it tend to want to flip it over on the tank! I run the Freestyle ingenuity on my stunt bike but have had the powers stuff ....works great! and a stunt cage your not going to be able to lean it over very far!

SEE THE BAR THAT GOES UNDER THE BIKE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts