Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crash and Rebuild pics **UPDATE**

So after my crash this summer i decided to rebuild my bike back.
Im going to post a few pics for you guys.
Here is the first few a few hrs after the accident.
Basically rode like an idiot in the mountains and lost concentration and wiped out.
I nearly cried once we pulled the bike out of the ditch.
Notice how twisted the sub frame is, also the bungeed gauges so i could ride it home.
Yeah amazingly it was still rideable. No exhaust though and i was dizzy as hell but i made it back. I even passed a few harley guys for shits and giggles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I will be posting some pics as they come. This is the first rebuild pic. The plastics are chinese crap but they were cheap.
Big thanks to my buddy Troy for putting the time in to figure out how to mount them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and some more....
We got it on the Dyno too to see how healthy the motor was.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Congrats on putting her back together. Looks great. What fairings are those? Because the color is spot on for being Chinese, unless u painted them

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No dyno prints just looked at the screen. I think the dyno we have to use is a little off. Originally it said around 159 hp then went up and down.
Also the paint is what came on the fairings and your right it is spot on.
I will find the ebay link if ur interested but they fit like shit.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your vortex left peg stay attached?
yeah it bent pretty bad and we bent it back using what was left of the exhaust. At the shop it was taken off and heated a little and bent back to shape.
So +1 for Vortex rearsets

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn man that thing looked bad, nice job putting it back together.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,082 Posts
Big thumbs up to you for putting her back together on your own. Those Chineses fairings look pretty good in the pics.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Damn, that's shitty. Very nice rebuild

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good work man, I like the fact that you kept riding...hell you were halway to a naked bike and would love it! LOL. So in the second photo,with the bikes lined up, what town is that? It reminds me of Salmo. Where did the accident happen?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how well did the plastics line up? If you had to do it again would you still buy a set?
I didn't put any of the fairings together my buddy did. Basically he said they fit like a shit. Holes were not lined up some plastics had tabs missing and they were just a pain in the ass to put together.
I believe they cost me around 500 bucks.

The paint match is spot on to the 05 tank i got though and they are actually a white plastic and not black.
I will be interested to see how they hold up next summer.

If they start to peel, crack or just fall off then i will be posting up.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So here are a few pics from the rebuild...
I made a quick video for you guys so you can see what the China Bay fairings look like.

Once it uploads i will post the Youtube Vid.

For now though here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts