Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly ZX10R related, but question for the real engine gurus here ...

I have an engine in my shop that has had a spun rod bearing, and it's old enough that we can't just get a new one (and rare enough that it's worth repairing). The affected journal is about 0.08mm (0.003") out of round, so it's gotta be repaired.

Who do you use for rebuilding your cranks, and what have your experiences been with them? Long term reliability is the number one consideration here.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
APE or Marine crankshafts in california are some of the best of the best.

stay away from falicon with their rod journals as they have had a bad rep with them in motor builds/stroker cranks and stuff.

Marine crankshafts is who I would send me stuff to for sure though they also nitrite the journal.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now asked the same question to a few different sources, and the pattern is suggesting APE and not Falicon. I've told the owner of the bike the bad news ($ $ $)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not exactly ZX10R related, but question for the real engine gurus here ...

I have an engine in my shop that has had a spun rod bearing, and it's old enough that we can't just get a new one (and rare enough that it's worth repairing). The affected journal is about 0.08mm (0.003") out of round, so it's gotta be repaired.

Who do you use for rebuilding your cranks, and what have your experiences been with them? Long term reliability is the number one consideration here.

What bike you working on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts