Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 04 ZX-10 motor with a spun #2 rod bearing. I got crank and another set of rods that im going to replace the damaged stuff with; however, I'm having trouble finding the right sized plasticgage for the specified crank/rod clearance sizes. Why is this, or am I doing or reading something wrong? I have the following plastigage sizes: Blue(.102-.229mm), the Red(.051-.152mm), and Green(.025-.076mm). The specified bearing crank clearances are from (1.491mm-1.503mm). Has anyone else gone through this before? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I got 04 ZX-10 motor with a spun #2 rod bearing. I got crank and another set of rods that im going to replace the damaged stuff with; however, I'm having trouble finding the right sized plasticgage for the specified crank/rod clearance sizes. Why is this, or am I doing or reading something wrong? I have the following plastigage sizes: Blue(.102-.229mm), the Red(.051-.152mm), and Green(.025-.076mm). The specified bearing crank clearances are from (1.491mm-1.503mm). Has anyone else gone through this before? :dontknow:

your rod bearing clearance should be between .030-.060mm with a service limit of .10mm

your main bearing clearance should be .010-.034 with a service limit of .060mm

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
What you are calling the "clearance" appears to be the total thickness of the insert. What you are looking for is the clearance with the insert installed.

P.S. I'd strongly suggest going by the markings on the crank and cases to pick the bearing inserts, and using the plastigage only to check that you didn't make a major foul-up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, man I didnt go far enough in my manual. I appreciate it guys, just had a case of the dumb-ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts