Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..those that have done this..where/what/how? Im looking to seal up the airbox, and was thinking on just attachin an external filter of some type to the crankcase hose. BUT...the thought of oil all over the back of the motor...umm..no thanks. What did yall use? Catch tank of some type? :dontknow: Gonna go with all shortie stacks in the box since I removed the secondaries and getting a new tune done in a week or so...sooo I though this would also be a good time to either plug the hose connector for the crankcase hose..or...just leave it hooked to the airbox.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
don't say that. That's what i just did. Just put a breather on the top of the case. 220 miles now and haven't had a problem yet.... That i know of anyway. Lol

sent from my motorcycle iphone app
:+1:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Vented mine through the reed valves.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Don't say that. That's what I just did. Just put a breather on the top of the case. 220 miles now and haven't had a problem yet.... That I know of anyway. Lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
ok forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are we talking about?? what is the difference between doing this an block off plates and just putting a cap on that?? or are we talking about the plug/hole at the back bottom of the airbox?? Lastly what are the advantages in doing this??

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
ran the tube into the tail section with a crank case filter. You want to go straight up then route back so the condensated oil mist or puked oil has a route back down. I tried a short straight tube with filter on top and ended up with a filthy mess after a few pwr wheelies and WOT pulls on my Gen 2. I don't know how some guys get away with just a filter on the case...

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
ran the tube into the tail section with a crank case filter. You want to go straight up then route back so the condensated oil mist or puked oil has a route back down. I tried a short straight tube with filter on top and ended up with a filthy mess after a few pwr wheelies and WOT pulls on my Gen 2. I don't know how some guys get away with just a filter on the case...
I had that same problem when I just put a breather on top of my crank case. That's a good idea runnin a line up to a breather so it can relieve pressure without spittin oil all over everywhere. I made the mistake of doin the breather the night before I sprayed it at the track for the first time. And I freaked when I came back to the pits covered in oil. Good idea man! I'm gonna try that.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts