:sad:

bummer.

I guess we need to go find funny stuff to make you laugh...:badteeth:

oh and to answer your q....what happend? :lol:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yesterday i was playing hockey and got hit (in a no checking league). fractured some ribs.i cant move, laugh or sleep. the pain sucks. im on 800motrin and 10 mg vicodin and still hurting bad.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Do crunches that always helps... LOL jsut kidding. jsut take it easy and you should be fine sooner or later. Hope you feel better there buddy.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
eric said:
yesterday i was playing hockey and got hit (in a no checking league). fractured some ribs.i cant move, laugh or sleep. the pain sucks. im on 800motrin and 10 mg vicodin and still hurting bad.
yes!

another forum member on drugs...just what we need! :rolleyes:

Im thinkin jumpin jacks would help more then the crunches...

·
Registered
697 Posts
It can take a LONG time. I think it ended up taking me over 6 months to completely heal. They looked at them recently and they didnt heal correctly (because I was stupid and didnt take it easy).

Take it easy, follow the doc's instructions and kick the other guy's ass!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Normally about 3 months healing but the pain will go away within a week, expect a few lumps of calcium to build up around the fractures, this will dissappear in time.

Done mine on several occasions , try not to get a cold , sneezes and coughs are a killer.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Anyone have some good Jokes?.............

j/m

Hope you heal quick eric...as long as your not as old as BD you
should heal soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bluedevil said:
Anyone have some good Jokes?.............

j/m

Hope you heal quick eric...as long as your not as old as BD you
should heal soon. :thumbsup:
thanks, i feel as old as BD. the crunches didn't workout to good. then i tried the jumping jacks and that was a no go.are you guys sure that suppose to help.:dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
thats messed up BigDally...:headshake

Eric...I found a good vid for how to cope w/ rib injuries! :ayyy:

Ribs Rehab Its long...but ya gotta atleast watch the first 5 and a half min...

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I tell ya Eric, if that dont help your ribs I dont know what will! :rotflmao:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
The second week for me was the worst. Couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep, turn over, start to relax, pain would escalate, turn on to my side, start to relax, pain would excalate, repeat, repeat.... All in all it took about 1 month to heal enough so it didn't hurt, but after about 6 months, someone just had to poke me, you guessed it, in the ribs. Just about doubled over in pain. Could have been the fact that it was the bottom 3 ribs, not much support on those. You'll heal, but it'll take time.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Took me months to heal, I cracked a rib leg pressing in the gym years ago! Sneezing is a KILLER! As posted just gotta take it easy!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Zega said:
Took me months to heal, I cracked a rib leg pressing in the gym years ago! Sneezing is a KILLER! As posted just gotta take it easy!
:eyecrazy:

wow...how many lbs?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It was about 7 years ago, weight was about 500 kg, not the heaviest of weights but pain like I have never experienced.:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts