Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that there has been some ZX-10's and ZX-12's with cracks in the frames. Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
634 Posts
one single photo of a 10r with a cracked frame and no one knows the full story. There's a few people that have dumped their 10's and no cracks. No issue.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
There are some pics floatin' around the net of ONE 10R that has a frame crack. No history or information is available on how or why the frame cracked. I have yet to see any pics other than the one black 10R that keeps hitting the boards. I'm not worried about my frame crackin' at all... :wink:

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
only one of the 10 i ahve heard of and ive seen the same pic over and over saying its a common thing

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Dude what are you guys talking about the frames crack all the time. I take mine in at least once a week for a new frame. usualy there is a line of 30 other 10r's with cracked frames with mine. Sheesh I thouth everyone knew how every kawi has at least one crack in the frame, thats why they are so fast. Dont you people no anything.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
lucky for me i dunt own a 10r.....i got the new 636 then changed everything to be the like the 10r

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Frame:dontknow: Does the ZX10R have a frame, well bugger no one ever told me, must check the manual:idea:

:thefinger

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Lol... :mrgreen: Ya'll ain't right. :headshake

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
There have been a few stories, but as said they were mostly tracked down to rider abuse, slammed wheelies etc. Kawasaki still replaced the frame but warned the owner it would be a 1 time ordeal for him. That is what I was told came of the most talked about story. The swingarm is what I was told is weak in an accident, but lets be honest, none of us 'plan' to wreck even on the track we dont plan on wrecking.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
No your not right trying to lead this young man off track, and tell him we all ride bikes that have decent frames, my god what are you thinking MAN! I mean imagine a manufacter selling us bikes with good frames, thats unheard of. At least 75% of Kawis always crack while your doing wheelies or at speeds above 220

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
i crack mine on purpose, i think it makes it more aerodynamic

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
a little Crack never hurt anybody:badteeth:

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
crack is good