Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my bike yesterday and found two cracks on the right side. First one is on the engine mount and the second one above the engine. I will try to post some pictures. I sure hope kawasaki will fix this under warranty!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I won't believe this post until I see photos. And it better not be the one photo that has circulated around the web for over a year. In reading greg570's 15 posts, something just doesn't seem quite right.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah, I read through them also. Judging by his posts I'm suprised he hasn't broken more than a frame by now. Not hatin' or trying to start anything, but it seems as though he doesn't have alot of experience on sportbikes and he only bought the 10 for wheelies. This is not a good bike to learn on! I have also wheelied my fair share of dirt bikes and atvs and they are nothing like a sportbike. If someone just uses a 10 to wheelie and is not very good at it then I suppose that a frame could crack from SLAMMING down too many times.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I think Kawasaki should replace it. After all, it was their mistake installing a GSXR1000K5 frame on your bike in the first place.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
No one should ever shout "Cracked Frame" without putting out the pics at the same time or it would be called :bs:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My friend has an 04 g1k and it fell over and cracked the rearset mounting tab.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
I have a 10 that acts like its on crack but no 10 with a cracked frame. :badteeth:

BD

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I bet this thread ends up on the gixxer forum......better yet, I bet this dude is a gixxer owner starting some crap. No pics = useless thread. :bs:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will try to post pics today.

I ride (rode) my bike "normaly" (it is a sport bike not a chopper), paid a great deal of cash for it (cca. 30% more than US boys) and I want a new frame or bike. It is not my fault that kawasaki went over the edge with 1,5 mm thick frame, just to get 1 kilo of the bike. We all know what happened with the front wheel.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
SuicideMachine said:
Yes. Absolutely nothing except to some fatass who did 12 o-clock wheelies non-stop. I have a recalled wheel as a trackday spare and it's flawless.

Suicide brother don't waste your time, I think we all know by now he isn't for real. Post real pics or go home and if you live with you mother already then get a job so she doesn't have to put up with your bullshit. :fu2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bluedevil said:
Suicide brother don't waste your time, I think we all know by now he isn't for real. Post real pics or go home and if you live with you mother already then get a job so she doesn't have to put up with your bullshit. :fu2:

It is strange that more of this things don't happen. After all we all know that half of americans that ride this bike are over 250 pounds. It must be the fact that they only bought this bike to brag around and they never went over 6.000 rpm.

I had 5 diffrent bikes till now and this is the first time frame cracked. I will post pictures when I get home today and then we will see who isn't for real.

:fu2:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
greg570 said:
.......It is not my fault that kawasaki went over the edge with 1,5 mm thick frame, just to get 1 kilo of the bike. We all know what happened with the front wheel.
Actually the frame spars are 2.5mm, and Enki fucked up casting the front wheel, not Kawasaki, just so you know.
cheers.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
greg570 said:
It is strange that more of this things don't happen. After all we all know that half of americans that ride this bike are over 250 pounds. It must be the fact that they only bought this bike to brag around and they never went over 6.000 rpm.
They are??? Wow? I need to gain like 70 pounds so I can be like the rest of America. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.