Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd say hi...

New to the forum - and about to be new to a ZX10r - it's not arrived yet - Gen4 30th Anniversary.

Absolutely p1ssing myself about what it's going to be like to ride - took a punt on it as a distance buy (maybe a bad idea, I know)...

Been riding 600s for about 17years..usually quite old models, so low on performance compared to todays 600s...and now I have a 10r being delivered this week.

Any advice people have making the same journey up the power-train would be well received - I have been pouring through all the threads I can find too.

I think my danger-zone will be thinking I've got the measure of it too early (if ever) and then getting destroyed instantly - anyone got experience of that sort of thing?

Anyway be kind (to me) and happy riding!

Guthrie2

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
Woohoo! Welcome to the party!

I'll give you some advice on your first mods to do after you get the bike. Since you don't have the bike yet, it's time to get your list together and go shopping now so you're ready to go when it shows up. First thing on your list should be a tankbag or backpack and a couple packs of tighty-whities! Carry them with you in the tankbag and be ready to change them out often. Don't worry about saving them, just change 'em and toss 'em as needed.

And don't forget to post pics of that fancy sled in the 30th color scheme. :wink:

·
Registered
718 Posts
You won't be able to handle the power. It's so intensely insane. Its amazing people don't crash every time they accelerate.

Lol, you'll be fine man. Don't over think it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi and welcome :welcome:

I spent 10years on 600's mainly because I like them and also because I never really gelled with any litre bike, until I rode a gen1 ZX10R that is :surprise:

I'm on a gen4 now and if anything its easier to ride.

You'll never want to go back :smile2:

·
Registered
767 Posts
You'll be fine. The 4th gen 10R has pretty meagre low RPM power so you don't need to worry about killing yourself between stoplights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all...tighty-whities packed and ready to go....(might even wear a pair on the outside of my leathers)...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thanks all...tighty-whities packed and ready to go....(might even wear a pair on the outside of my leathers)...
Better make that a pair of Depends undergarments, and on the inside!! :hello:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts