Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it without the inner front cowling and I want to buy one but I have no idea what mounting screws/brackets I need to order with it.

It's for the right hand side front where the turn signal mounts but not the outside cowl, the inside.

If anyone has a picture of the inside of the front cowl or knows what I need please let me know. I have a general idea but I don't want to wast money.

I have looked around and can't find one to look at. Seems like the Gen1's around here are few and far in between.

Sorry about the huge pic didn't have time to re-size it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
So you just need for the turn signal then? I usually just get on BikeBandit.com and check out the diagrams. They always have everything i need.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I'm not sure what you need... The air duct in the picture needs replacement, but I guess that this is not your concern. The front turn signals are mounted on side plastics that attach underneath the side fairings, not the nose. Like Capncalyx said, look at the parts diagrams (available at pretty much any online store that sells parts) and check the part numbers. The diagrams include everything: screws, washers, grommets, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what you need... The air duct in the picture needs replacement, but I guess that this is not your concern. The front turn signals are mounted on side plastics that attach underneath the side fairings, not the nose. Like Capncalyx said, look at the parts diagrams (available at pretty much any online store that sells parts) and check the part numbers. The diagrams include everything: screws, washers, grommets, etc.
The air duct broke on a wheelie and I'm pretty sure that because I don't have the inner cowl (that holds the turn signal) to hold the front section. I have the duct in my cart on bikebandit plus the cowling. When you look at the diagram it shows two rubber grommets, or "dampers" yet it takes 3 and some varies screws and nuts here and there.

As we are all aware OEM parts are expensive so I don't want to just start buying parts I don't need. There is what the diagram calls an amplifier bracket on the left side so I'm not quite sure specific parts to use.

The picture is big but if you scroll to the right you can see were the cowling is missing. (where the turn signal goes) And on the right you can see the cowling I'm referring to.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I see what your needing now. There are probably a ton of GenI's on this site so just be patient. I dont have a GenI so i dont wanna tell you wrong so maybe someone else will chime in but the diagrams should tell you all you need to know. Not really sure if you can even buy those two inside cowling pieces for either side, im gonna guess you can though. Sucks breaking that ram air cowl, done that b4, just a PITA more than anything. Ive seen some creative ways of reinforcing that area, i think here on this site.

Looks like you CAN buy em. http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2005-kawasaki-ninja-zx-10r-zx1000c/o/m149181#sch434455
PN55028 F & G. And looks like plenty of hardware is available too.

Wow i think i just repeated everything you said. Im useless as usual. Looks like yer gonna need the ram air cowl too though. lol. Just buy what you think youll need. Sometimes i dont always get everything the first order.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the parts just have no idea how they go. Can someone please post a picture of theirs I have a reference?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, well I got that squared away. It was a bit easier than expected. I ordered a couple parts that I have no clue where they go (A bold and a lock nut) but moving forward.

I have everything in place and was going to test ride it last night. When I turned the wheel to the left it caught something. The throttle cable is in the way. I must have put it back together wrong.

I usually take pictures before taking anything apart but didnt think about that.

My question is where does the cable sit? Inside of the fork or the outside?

·
Chairman of the Board
15,998 Posts
Mine routes in front of the fork then turns and sits inside a wire holder against the frame (on the same side) with two other cables.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine routes in front of the fork then turns and sits inside a wire holder against the frame (on the same side) with two other cables.
That's how I have it. Why the hell is it catching then? It wont let me rotate the forks fully side to side. It looks like the cables are in the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts