Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i need a new chain for -1 in the front?
Will i need a new chain for -1 +2?

Does your engine light come on when you hit the rev limiter?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool glad to hear no to the first 2, but reason for question 3 is...

I was attempting 2nd gear clutch wheelie (done them many a time) well this time i revved the engine up and leg the clutch go, it then revved all the way up, slipped like a mother fucker then felt like it kicked into gear but not without making 2 clanking sounds, and the engine light coming on for a second...

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
maybe while doing ur wheelie the motor is starving oil. depending on how long ur wheelies are oil might not be reaching the oil pump and therefor staarving the motor
ok cool glad to hear no to the first 2, but reason for question 3 is...

I was attempting 2nd gear clutch wheelie (done them many a time) well this time i revved the engine up and leg the clutch go, it then revved all the way up, slipped like a mother fucker then felt like it kicked into gear but not without making 2 clanking sounds, and the engine light coming on for a second...

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
maybe while doing ur wheelie the motor is starving oil. depending on how long ur wheelies are oil might not be reaching the oil pump and therefor staarving the motor
exactly what i was thinking.....and OP, you sure it was the oil and NOT the shift light from you rapping it to the rev limiter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts