Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have my window switch set at 12,900. do i need to set it higher to adjust for my tach being off. And is any1 with an 05 having problems burning up clutches?? mine will make it one night of passes on the bottle then it'll start slipping in high gear?
I'm not sure about the window switch, but you should put 3 stiffer springs in the clutch to handle the extra power the nitrous is adding.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
unless you have an extended rev limiter it will probably hit the limiter..... when you go off true RPM readings rather than just the tach you would probably be in the limiter already.

could be a worn clutch???

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
pm sent about clutch, Your window switch is going to read true rpm and you wont see more than like 12,300-12,400 which mean you will be in the limiter and still spraying if you leave it at 12900.
yep, that's the exact #s I was going to suggest but didn't know how the widow switches where tapped to determine RPM...with my old Autometer I was hitting the Rev. limiter just about those RPMs...so 12.9k is way to high. :badteeth:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RR i have barnetts every other one right now. and still is eating them up. would get a lock up but just to rich for my blood right now. hopefully soon. on my window switch why a was asking is cuz on my tach if i wait till 12,9 to shift it cuts the nitrous off before i read it. so where do i need to shift on my tach to compensate for the difference?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
RR i have barnetts every other one right now. and still is eating them up. would get a lock up but just to rich for my blood right now. hopefully soon. on my window switch why a was asking is cuz on my tach if i wait till 12,9 to shift it cuts the nitrous off before i read it. so where do i need to shift on my tach to compensate for the difference?
Do you have a Barnett clutch also? :dontknow: If you do thats your problem.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
we were talkin bout goin back to an oem clutch. cuz its been barnett since my second clutch. and now 7 clutches later we gotta try somethin else
Give Dwayne at Cycle Concepts a call. His clutch packs come with the steels for under $150 bucks, Its worth a shot. I havnt used them yet but i will as soon as I need a clutch. I usually get at least 70-80 passes on a clutch and then I replace them even if theyre not bad.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
is that 70-80 on the bottle or the motor?? any1 know how much the oem clutches run?
Combination on the clutches. Dont really spray it alot. from the stealership they are like $14 each x 10 is 140 just for the frictions. Dwaynes clutch packs are complete with steels for right around that price. Give him a call, after you talk to him you will buy all your parts from him.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Combination on the clutches. Dont really spray it alot. from the stealership they are like $14 each x 10 is 140 just for the frictions. Dwaynes clutch packs are complete with steels for right around that price. Give him a call, after you talk to him you will buy all your parts from him.:thumbsup:
Cycle Concept's clutch packs are the ticket. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
awesome! thanks guys its definitly worth a try. any1 have his number or where he's at?
Talk to Dwayne at Cycle Concepts (803)285-8093:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts