Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the wheels off, to take in for new tires. Surpize! Both sprockets are garbage. The guy before me didnt do sh!t to this bike..

Anyways... Does anybody have info on how to remove the counter sprocket? It also looks like i have an oil leak in that area, but it might be oil and chain build-up (ppplleeaassseee let it be ). How hard is it to replace the shaft seal if that is the issue?

2005 zx10r.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ideally you'll have an impact driver to get the nut off the small sprocket (after bending the tabs of the washer underneath it flat) . I tried using my breaker bar but I was torqueing so hard I felt like I was going to tip my bike off the rear stand. A couple goes with my impact driver and the nut zipped off.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the shaft seal. Somebody more intelligent than I will have to answer that one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully it's not like my dirtbike's. Tje impact didnt even make the nut break loose.
Ideally you'll have an impact driver to get the nut off the small sprocket (after bending the tabs of the washer underneath it flat) . I tried using my breaker bar but I was torqueing so hard I felt like I was going to tip my bike off the rear stand. A couple goes with my impact driver and the nut zipped off.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the shaft seal. Somebody more intelligent than I will have to answer that one.
Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts