·
Registered
11,157 Posts
He is racin cars

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
oh does this mean we have someone that will know :thumbsup:
you can try to pm him but he posted a thread a few days ago saying he would be gone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres no rush :mrgreen:

so I can wait to see if he come on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
E10 is a non-issue; the bike is already designed to handle it (see owner's manual). Apparently most gasoline engines will tolerate up to about E25 without modifications.

E85 requires fuel delivery to be increased something like 30% throughout the entire range of speed and load. Supposedly the injectors in this bike have high flow rates already and don't go to a very high duty cycle even at full engine load, so mechanically it is probably possible; if you can achieve such a big increase via Power Commander then it might be possible to do it that way. Cold starting could be a problem as even more fuel delivery is required under those conditions. I do not know if E85 is compatible with all of the seals, hoses, and other plastic items in the fuel system, but my guess would be "no". Also, the engine has no way of knowing what fuel is in the tank, so unlike "flex fuel" vehicles, you will not be able to change or mix/match between E85 and straight gasoline without making manual adjustments of some sort.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so a dedicated E85 race bike is possible but with some mods... thanks that helps :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts