Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought an Akropovic Evo full race system for my bike (ZX10R 06)

I have a couple of questions for anyone in the know

Emmision sensors (mid pipe/before the cat)

How do i remove these, is it simply a case of unscrewing them and removing them and unplugging the sensors from the loom? if so, will this give me any fault lights?

Exhaust Servo

Located under the seat. Opperates on cables to the section just after the cat. Can i just remove all this stuff and again have no FE lights or anything come on?

Feedback appreciated

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You need to disconnect the cables from the servo and leave it plugged in, and if you have an O2 sensor , you will need to buy the eliminator kit for it, or weld an O2 bung in the new exhaust and use the sensor ,if it doesnt come with one already in the pipe.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
or weld an O2 bung in the new exhaust and use the sensor ,if it doesnt come with one already in the pipe.
With all due respect, i aint welding nuffin onto a full race Akropovic system :)

But, your other points make sense and thank you, remove everything but the servo...............

**Edit**

Sorry misread your post........I dont "think" there is anywhere for the 02 sensors to go on the full race acro system (dont get it till Saturday) hence can i just take them off and not suffer with any error lights comng on the dash?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Not sure about 06, but my 04 Evo System has the bung already there.

Make sure you do not touch the sensors when you have them out, the oil from your skin can ruin the sensor.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont "think" there is anywhere for the 02 sensors to go on the full race acro system (dont get it till Saturday) hence can i just take them off and not suffer with any error lights comng on the dash?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Well I had the full race akra and it does come with a thread hole in each pipe for you to screw in the O2 sensors. I be surprised if it comes without. If so just buy 2 dynojet eliminators and plug it right into your harness. you will need these if you plan on racing and is finicky about your fuel map, as the original sensors will tend to lean it out, but only within a certain rpm range. Exhaust servo as mentioned above.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, :)

Just have to wait for Saturday i guess :) Not long.............Its Christmas come early for me :lol:

Left to go.........
PC3
BMC airfilter
Ohlins rear shock
Front fork work
Dyno'ed

4 day Track Day at Catalunya in April to try it all out

·
Registered
48 Posts

Just have to wait for Saturday i guess :) Not long.............Its Christmas come early for me :lol:

Left to go.........
PC3
BMC airfilter

Ohlins rear shock
Front fork work
Dyno'ed

Euhm, shouldn't you get this done together with the full system?? Your airflow, fuel mixture, motor management will be all f*cked up if you put in the full system without PCIII, airfilter and dyno the bike with custom mapping!!

Good luck in Catalunya!:wink:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

Left to go.........
PC3
BMC airfilter
Ohlins rear shock
Front fork work
Dyno'ed

Damn you have to wait till April to try out the bike with all your mods on it.:headshake Thats a helluva long time to wait.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Euhm, shouldn't you get this done together with the full system??
Good luck in Catalunya!:wink:
Yep, but the bike aint going anywhere till april :sad: ..............plenty of time :cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn you have to wait till April to try out the bike with all your mods on it.:headshake Thats a helluva long time to wait.
Tell me about it, i may get another track day in this year :dontknow: its always cold and wet in the UK :rolleyes: whilst i dont mind riding in the wet (with wets in etc) i would rather test it in the dry :) Hence Spain in April :)

Bring it on !!! :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tell me about it, i may get another track day in this year :dontknow: its always cold and wet in the UK :rolleyes: whilst i dont mind riding in the wet (with wets in etc) i would rather test it in the dry :) Hence Spain in April :)

Bring it on !!! :cool:

Maybe you can help me out here, bro? I live in Belgium, and I love the UK, I'd love to some trackdays in the UK!

All I know is this: http://www.hottrax.co.uk/. Do you know this? Is this any good and do you know of any other ways to book some trackdays in the U.K.??

Anything South of Birmingham is OK for me! If you are doing any days I could also register for one and we could mee up and have a :eek:ccasion1 !! :mrgreen: :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hottrax are good, also check out focussed events and track sense.

Hmm south of birmingham eh? Silverstone and Brands Hatch spring to mind, Have a look here

http://www.focusedevents.com/

http://www.tracksense.co.uk/ **Edit having looked, these are europeon track days**

There are some cracking circuits north of Birmingham as well :) Cadwell, Croft, Oulton Park (i live 2 mins away from Oulton) which is handy :) loads of them, Anglesey has just had a massive investment and even has a mini cork Screw, Laguna Seca style :)

HTH

PS, im always up for a beer ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hottrax are good, also check out focussed events and track sense.

Hmm south of birmingham eh? Silverstone and Brands Hatch spring to mind, Have a look here

http://www.focusedevents.com/

http://www.tracksense.co.uk/ **Edit having looked, these are europeon track days**

There are some cracking circuits north of Birmingham as well :) Cadwell, Croft, Oulton Park (i live 2 mins away from Oulton) which is handy :) loads of them, Anglesey has just had a massive investment and even has a mini cork Screw, Laguna Seca style :)

HTH

PS, im always up for a beer ;)
"Focusedevent" looks promising!! I'll add that one to my bookmarks and check it out!

South of birmingham is because of distance/time. I live about 1 hour from Calais in France, which is perfect to take the boat there to the U.K. , I'm in or around London in about 4 hours from my house, so that is good. Once you go past Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, and further the time/distance is just to far for a trackday. But Brands Hatch and especially Silverstone will do me just fine!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
You'll need two 02 eliminators from Dynojet, make sure you order for the right year, the 06 and 07 have different connectors. There's two connectors just below the coolant expansion tank, a bit fiddly to remove but it's not a job you need to do regularly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep Cheers Doug, bike all stripped down, so i can see em :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK, hang on

**runs out to garage to take a pic of the bike ATM**

Its a sad looking sight at the mo, ill warn you................

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Big files coming through and i have to send em from my work account, through to my home, then up load em..........Bloody PC wont recognise my SD card

Anyway, here is the first :)

Its all gone :)

From the side

And another

Pick the full system up tomorrow at midday, ill probably get cracking putting it on (GF allowing) so ill put some more pics up of the install :)

HTH

1 - 20 of 23 Posts