Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wnted to pass the news on to others who enjoy performance builds that Cosworth is now selling complete a-z engine performace packages. I do not know the cost, website ect as I lent out my issues of RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY To one of my teams mechanics .
Looking at the photos of the components in the packages it looked very comprehensive and Cosworth has a quality reputation to uphold . There was a story in RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY Stating Cosworths engine package was even comparable to the Hondas of Jonathan Reas Tencate/Castrol team.
They may be stretching th truth a bit on that one lol, but to have components that can even get you CLOSE to a factory ride is impressive .

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Yeah, atleast 6 months ago there was a thread and cosworth link. Cosworth makes the best car internals so shouldnt be any different for bikes. Only problem is the cost as a set of pistons was over $1200 alone. They have complete internals for gen1-gen3 currently. They were selling complter motors for $10k. Like I said, really steep but the absolute best quality.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEVERENDINGMODS Your a man ater my own heart . I love to do unique performance builds and owning 10 bikes and a race team im always buying performace parts .UPS an Fed Ex have my house own as a regular stop lol.

With todays EPA requirements , even new bikes you have to install a power commander and a unrestricted header/exhaust so the bike can breath properly and run correctly .

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Haha, I hear you man about the ups/fed ex deliveries. Sounds like you have a never ending project always going on. I would love to put Cosworth internals in all my toys. Lately, all my time and $ is devoted to the 10r. I get the biggest gratification modding it. My user name for the past 10 yrs now on various forums is the one I currently use. I just can't stop, too much fun.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never I havnt done Japanese build in YEARS bause when I went to get component kits(cams, valves, rods ect) from Honda, Suzuki ect, I was told I ha to get permssion from the manufactures ? Ive heard they are loosening up a bit now but when someon turns away busines it leaes a sour note.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts