Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went for a ride today. One of the most enjoyable rides I've had. Monterey was a bit chilly. Plenty of people "social distancing" at the park lol. Any advice on getting the 16+ to turn in quicker? lol .
I am an essential worker in Australia so I have been riding everyday since the media went crazy with the virus!
It's like a ghost town on night shift on the roads. Still don't know anyone with it or anyone who knows someone with it......

+1 on getting the suspension set up for you. Improves it like night and day. Cost me $40 for my suspension to get setup but that bloke is a legend. Just say how you want it to feel and done. Best $40 I have spent.

This is from RC51.org but I believe the suspension theory & fix is correct if you want to DIY. I have a Honda VTR1000SP1 & Yamaha 2015 R1M as well so I have read alot about bikes. Quicker turn in tips below but do it 1 click at a time.

Forks: Too Much Compression

Symptoms:
: Front end rides high through the corners, causing the bike to steer wide. It should ride in the middle of suspension travel.

Solution:
* Too much compression. Decrease compression "gradually" until bike neither bottoms or rides high.

Shock: Too Much Rebound

Symptoms:
: Ride is harsh, suspension control is limited and traction is lost.
: Rear end will pack in, forcing the bike wide in corners, due to rear squat. It will slow steering because front end is riding high.
: When rear end packs in, tires generally will overheat and will skip over bumps.
: When chopping throttle, rear end will tend to skip or hop on entries.

Solution:
* Too much rebound. Decrease rebound "gradually" until harsh ride is gone and traction is regained. Decrease rebound to keep rear end from packing.

Shock: Lack of Compression

Symptoms:
: The bike will not turn in entering a turn.
: With bottoming, control and traction are lost.
: With excessive rear end squat, when accelerating out of corners, the bike will tend to steer wide.

Solution:
* Insufficient compression. Increase compression "gradually" until traction and control is optimized and/or excessive rear end squat is gone.

It's easier to pay someone and tell them how you want the bike to feel.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
This is where the problem is, the huge disconnect with Politics and Science. The Coronavirus pandemic could have been prevented/contained if the sloppy fucking leaders would have listened to the science community in the first place. I hope y'all learn something from this Pandemic. If you don't believe in climate change, go fuck a lama!

·
Registered
18 zx10r
285 Posts
This is where the problem is, the huge disconnect with Politics and Science. The Coronavirus pandemic could have been prevented/contained if the sloppy leaders would have listened to the science community in the first place.
Don't you mean science is heavily politicized?

Some have been right. Others have been wrong. Unfortunately only those that tow a specific ideology are rewarded without offering feasible solutions.

Most of us get the short end of the stick and a reminder of what is really important to us and whether that's good or bad. lol

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Don't you mean science is heavily politicized?

Some have been right. Others have been wrong. Unfortunately only those that tow a specific ideology are rewarded without offering feasible solutions.

Most of us get the short end of the stick and a reminder of what is really important to us and whether that's good or bad. lol
Why everything has to be an ideology or a conspiracy in the first place? A shit lot of people still believe that the Earth is flat in 2020. This world is a mess full of fucking retards. Look at all the low IQ rallies with people with guns bitching about not having haircut and the quarantine. Absolutely fucking retarded. We need to get along on some ideas so this world make sense.This whole Covid-19 drama could have been avoided if the clowns in charge would have listened to the medical intelligence months ago but decided to avoid the warnings for the sake of the economy. Look at us now! :LOL::LOL: . Science should have a stronger voice in politics.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts