Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
That's terrible news. I'm not trying to minize the effects of it but there are many contributing factors as to why that is so high, particularly in Italy.

Why have so many coronavirus patients died in Italy?

Prof Ricciardi added that Italy’s death rate may also appear high because of how doctors record fatalities.
“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says.
This does not mean that Covid-19 did not contribute to a patient's death, rather it demonstrates that Italy's fatality toll has surged as a large proportion of patients have underlying health conditions. Experts have also warned against making direct comparisons between countries due to discrepancies in testing.

Common, are you real? If you over 40 years old, the extended warranty is pretty much done with LOL.. We all have some sort of underlying conditions. Apparently, 75% of the males that died in Spain had high blood pressure..which is pretty much all Americans lol.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
347 Posts

Donald Trump being Donald Trump. Happy that the news got the hold of that everywhere LOL. Karma is a bitch.. Waiting for him to test positive for covid-19.
There's always more to the story

Canada sent 16 tonnes of masks, face shields to China | The Chronicle Herald

·
Registered
2019 ZX-10R ABS KRT
23 Posts
If we absolutely have to be mad at someone personally i would choose the chinese government with their lack of regulations related to hygiene, sanitation and their food inspection agency.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Everyone, Please stay safe and calm. we will get through this. These are unprecedented times that the US or the World has not experienced before. Politics aside, this issue is bigger than all political bickering. Humanity is at stake. Do your part and let's get through this. Please follow the CDC instructions and play it safe.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Hello Everyone, Please stay safe and calm. we will get through this. These are unprecedented times that the US or the World has not experienced before. Politics aside, this issue is bigger than all political bickering. Humanity is at stake. Do your part and let's get through this. Please follow the CDC instructions and play it safe.

We will need to adapt to live with the virus. Isolation is not the answer. People are losing their businesses and jobs. Look at the suicide rates coming.. watch the numbers..

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
If we absolutely have to be mad at someone personally i would choose the chinese government with their lack of regulations related to hygiene, sanitation and their food inspection agency.

China is a dirty shithole with wetmarkets where animals are kept alive and slaughtered on site. Cats, bats, snakes.. if it shit they just eat it. Apparently pollution there kill more per day than this stupid virus.Unbelievable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
badexample: If we go the way you are suggesting, we are only prolonging this issue. Check out the countries, (South Korea and Germany) who took aggressive actions and got better results. We are up against a microscopic enemy who will be only beaten by aggressive actions.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
badexample: If we go the way you are suggesting, we are only prolonging this issue. Check out the countries, (South Korea and Germany) who took aggressive actions and got better results. We are up against a microscopic enemy who will be only beaten by aggressive actions.
Germany got 100,000 reported cases and 1500 in a body bag. What is so magical about their actions?

People are losing their businesses and jobs left and right.. and are being forced to quarantine at home. Recipe for success right there. That pandemic will come in waves and could last years and years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I completely understand what you are saying. However, your health is more important than your job. I also know that most people live from paycheck to paycheck but we are dealing with a disease that has no cure as of now, so if you don't get it under control what then? We have to think long term. We have to crush it full force and then do what you are suggesting.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
916 Posts
Yea, this is something the news won’t tell people because it doesn’t fit the click bait agenda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
So it is not a cold it is much more a flu and in fact is is a mutation of the original Sara that kills only like 8 or 900 people. Deal is, this fucker has a death toll world wide of roughly 70k and it didn't exist or was unknown before December of 2019. The flu kills about that many every year in the USA but over 2 or 3 separate flue seasons or pretty much whenever the seasons change and mostly old and young and sick. This shit has killed perfectly healthy young adults, I know for sure of a 20 year old that it killed and a 30 year old who has only been out of the ICU for a couple weeks. What will really be the death toll but won't be counted towards it is the people that can't get proper med attention because all the fucking ICU units are occupied with corona virus patients so people who ride and might otherwise live if ICU spots were open most likely won't live after a bad wreck. Shit like that is already happening, there are stories readily available to read out there from doctors torn up because they had to make some shit decisions and priorities are going to covid19 so yeah not so much hype anymore

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I am in the Military here in Canada.. and just got told that we're gonna maintain this posture until June-July timeframe LOL. We're in for the long haul!!

61 - 80 of 116 Posts