Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Can you show any data about the CV killing kids?

Flu is much deadlier for kids than CV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QUOTE]

The stats are easy to find online. Sorry, not going to do that for you though. I'm a news addict so I've been reading all the articles daily since this thing broke out in China months ago. Without any question, there have been deaths of all ages. Obviously the greatest numbers are in the older age groups but even teens to 40's have seen mortalities directly due to Covid-19. If I recall, and my memory isn't perfect, young children have been mostly spared.[/

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
QUOTE]

The stats are easy to find online. Sorry, not going to do that for you though. I'm a news addict so I've been reading all the articles daily since this thing broke out in China months ago. Without any question, there have been deaths of all ages. Obviously the greatest numbers are in the older age groups but even teens to 40's have seen mortalities directly due to Covid-19. If I recall, and my memory isn't perfect, young children have been mostly spared.[/
Ok, well youre wrong lol..im not really interested in statements without valid facts or citations/sources along with them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We all agree that it hits the elderly the hardest. However, ignoring the fact that it's caused fatalities in all age ranges, is doing a disservice to society. See the hard statistics below. These figures were published by the World Health Organization based upon Chinese fatalities. The certainty that young children are surviving is great news but it seems that a minimum of 2/1000 infections lead to a fatality once you're over 10. That's still a major concern. 4/1000 once you're over 40? 13/1000 in their 50's? Those are relatively young people.

Age of Coronavirus Deaths
COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:
*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

AGE​
DEATH RATE
confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What is your source for this? Looks like you just posted some random numbers?

Care to share the source?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
632 Posts
The regular flu (influenza) has been far more dangerous then the coronavirus has been, but we barely here
anything about it. yet alone buy all the toilet paper off the shelfs.

CDC Influenza stats for the US for this season so far.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
From Discovery Health,
"The World Health Organization has determined that the flu kills between 250,000 to 500,000 people each year. About 10% of U.S. residents get influenza each year. About 100,000 are hospitalized and 36,000 Americans die each year from the complications of the flu."
Hard to see at this point why we aren't talking about Influenza instead of COVID 19. Seems like the typical media hype to me. I'm not saying it isn't nasty and we shouldn't take precautions but it seems like its being blown out of proportion a bit to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It’s overhyped for sure. I’m not saying it wouldn’t suck to get it but if your healthy you’ll be fine. I know a guy, 65 yrs old, was on the diamond princess in japan. He has it, hes sick as a dog but he is recovering. Don’t be fooled by the reported mortality rate, testing is just now becoming readily available, it’s not quite there yet but it’s getting better. So, those previously being tested were the very sick. Expect to see higher numbers of infections and cases but the death rate will not keep pace with the number of new cases and the mortality rate will drop. You can already see this in places like sk and such. Keep calm, be smart, take precautions, do your part to stop the spread. We are going to be fine, this is way overhyped. We go through this every few years or so, sars, mers, h1n1 etc. etc. they werent hyped this much. Be patient, the mortality rate will start dropping as more people get tested, you’ll have more cases for sure, but like I said, if you are healthy you will be fine, sick yes, but you will be fine.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I actually think people who do not think this is dangerous are not thinking about it correctly.
Its a new virus that has killed many people.
Yes there are other viruses that can kill too but ask yourself this.
Are you happy to watch a member of your family die because you think its over hyped, your not gonna die coz your in the right age range that its safer for you.
Youll just carry it, youll be ok.
People have died, many people! their families have seen their loved ones die from it, so do you think the families of all the dead still go around saying its over hyped, just a bit of fake news!
I think its real and they letting us know the real extent slowly as to not cause mass panic.
Mass panic could be just as deadly!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Instead of fighting over the numbers and who's right and who's wrong. There's a lot
of misinformation out there and a lot of people with a disproportionate level of anxiety
that are fearing impending doom.

Best to not tell them they're wrong or fools. They can't
help it no matter what you tell them.

Try to find a way to help and calm people instead.

Meanwhile, track day tomorrow, woot, woot.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There has been panic buying in Belgium this past few days supermarket shelves looking bare, and I came across a complete town closed down this note on many of the windows and doors.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I cant help but feel like we are not getting told the full truth.
Now uk is banned from flying to usa too. Im not being funny but for things to go in lockdown then it has the be alot worse than just a cold or flu.
Alot of things are getting cancelled.
This cost the worlds economy billions and noone would risk loosing that much money without good cause.
But im carrying on until we get lockdown coz i got bike bits to make lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Ive just heard the most lengthy conspiracy theory ever basically saying that all this was done by Trump to ruin the Dems and reestablish the gold standard here in the U.S..
o_O

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It’s overhyped for sure. I’m not saying it wouldn’t suck to get it but if your healthy you’ll be fine. I know a guy, 65 yrs old, was on the diamond princess in japan. He has it, hes sick as a dog but he is recovering. Don’t be fooled by the reported mortality rate, testing is just now becoming readily available, it’s not quite there yet but it’s getting better. So, those previously being tested were the very sick. Expect to see higher numbers of infections and cases but the death rate will not keep pace with the number of new cases and the mortality rate will drop. You can already see this in places like sk and such. Keep calm, be smart, take precautions, do your part to stop the spread. We are going to be fine, this is way overhyped. We go through this every few years or so, sars, mers, h1n1 etc. etc. they werent hyped this much. Be patient, the mortality rate will start dropping as more people get tested, you’ll have more cases for sure, but like I said, if you are healthy you will be fine, sick yes, but you will be fine.

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
all restaurants, bars, clubs and gyms closed down here now..wonder what will be next?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
all restaurants, bars, clubs and gyms closed down here now..wonder what will be next?

A lot of you still don't understand how bad the problem is? The virus itself is new to humans, can mutate and highly virulent and contagious. The big issue right now is the lack of medical healthcare support, logistic and shitty triage process. How many patients can you hold in intensive care? Look at Italy right now. 35,713 cases, almost 3000 deaths. Get your head out of your ass.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,037 Posts
Well, I'll let you guys know if I come down with the Wuhan Flu in a couple weeks. I'm headed to Japan this weekend. At least my plane should be pretty empty and I'll get extra snacks!

21 - 40 of 116 Posts