Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who here think the Coronavirus fear is being over exxagerated by the news? OR do you all think this is a real deadly threat that we should all be highly worried about?

Let me know in the comments below

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
785 Posts
I actually think it's being drastically understated and over hyped. It is another flu virus, the flu kills fuck tons of people every year but they are usually the old and young and people who have weakened immune systems. The corona virus seems to kill those who are otherwise healthy and generally near the prime of thier lives. Also it's kill rate is something like 2% and it doesn't really exhibit many signs that make it different than a typical flue until it's too late. It is spreading fairly slow all things considered but it keeps popping up in more and more places. Better to be safe than sorry but why do people think stupid dust masks are gonna keep them safe. The hand sanitizer companies are making a killing off of this too but I don't see people being paranoid and trying to keep thier hygiene up as a bad thing. Still the media does tend to blow shit out of proportion

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
5,000 flu deaths so far this year. Just think on that a minute. Coronavirus is a gnarly cold virus, but if you are healthy and between 15 and 70 you're basically fine, it'll suck but you'll be fine. Immunosuppressed or with underlying medical conditions are at risk, but it's no different than catching anything else being super bad for you.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think from the spread, we will for the most part, all get it, but as stated above, if you are basically healthy and not taking immunosuppressants, it's just a damn cold.

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5,000 flu deaths so far this year. Just think on that a minute. Coronavirus is a gnarly cold virus, but if you are healthy and between 15 and 70 you're basically fine, it'll suck but you'll be fine. Immunosuppressed or with underlying medical conditions are at risk, but it's no different than catching anything else being super bad for you.
Yea, this is something the news won’t tell people because it doesn’t fit the click bait agenda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think it's the real deal. Sure influenza kills more people but Covid-19 has proven to be more infectious, has a much, much higher mortality rate and also kills all ages.

The WHO is treating this differently from normal influenza and for good reason.

I've been following Covid-19 very closely since it's really affected my investment portfolio and my vacation to COTA this year! Looks like I'll be screwed on both fronts if the City of Austin shuts the door to MotoGP. Ironically, Austin is a really safe city so far, but the City is being very cautious and I can't blame them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If only people responded in kind to the biggest reason that they will
actually die from.

Like putting down the cheese burger, exercising, stop smoking, losing weight, etc.

How come these reasons of dying are not daily national headlines?

Leading Causes of Death
Data are for the U.S.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death
  • Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

·
Registered
77 Posts
Massively over hyped.
The media latch onto a topic and just exaggerate the hell out of it until something better comes along.
If they keep headlining the story the whole world will go into recession.
The stock market is all over the place. Sort of makes you believe the conspiracy theories the super rich take their money out, flog the coronavirus until the world economy is smashed then buy up everything for 40% off and be even richer.
Fuckers.
Hard telling your kids it's nothing to worry about then they see people in hazmat suits on TV ??? Contradictory information, is it just another flu or a death sentence?

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it's the real deal. Sure influenza kills more people but Covid-19 has proven to be more infectious, has a much, much higher mortality rate and also kills all ages.

The WHO is treating this differently from normal influenza and for good reason.

I've been following Covid-19 very closely since it's really affected my investment portfolio and my vacation to COTA this year! Looks like I'll be screwed on both fronts if the City of Austin shuts the door to MotoGP. Ironically, Austin is a really safe city so far, but the City is being very cautious and I can't blame them.
CV absolutely does NOT kill all ages... which the flu does...

CV only severely effects people over 50 with pre-existing health conditions... for everyone else its just like getting a cold/fever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
CV absolutely does NOT kill all ages... which the flu does...

CV only severely effects people over 50 with pre-existing health conditions... for everyone else its just like getting a cold/fever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not entirely true. While it's far more fatal for the elderly, it has killed people of all ages. Everybody needs to be wary of it.

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's not entirely true. While it's far more fatal for the elderly, it has killed people of all ages. Everybody needs to be wary of it.
Can you show any data about the CV killing kids?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/10/coronavirus-is-mysteriously-sparing-kids-killing-elderly-understanding-why-may-help-defeat-virus/[URL] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 116 Posts