Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
I watched the second one. Good video and he is right. Its a bit of perspective. Im not saying the virus isn't bad because it is. It seems especially devastating in nursing homes. But in another sense it does seem like just another drum for the mainstream media to beat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
either way im getting pissed of with this cant go out unless essential bollocks, at least i can ride to work but its not the same :cautious:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,185 Posts
We're all on lockdown so I'll give my perspective on this since there's not much else to talk about.

I watched the video. He's hard to watch and I rank that guy right up there with all the other mainstream media outlets, just the other side of it. He's just pandering to that side of the argument. I think it's a bit disingenuous to compare a communicable viral disease with something like heart disease, accidental deaths, cancer, cirrhosis, etc. He's just throwing numbers out there as a comparison point to make his side of the case. In those instances the death rate is more based on genetics or choices made. This thing is not in that same category as it's spread so easily. The death rate is low on this thing, but it has also only effected a small percentage of people worldwide. That's not the reason for the lockdown though. It is intended to stop the transmission of the disease, which left unchecked, will quickly mutate the virus into something much worse. It's meant to slow the spread and the mutation rate until we know more about what causes it, how to interact with it, and how to prevent it in other ways. It's an overreaction to the fact that individuals really can't be trusted to follow the guidelines and do things for themselves. So, the Government has to step in like this. If you give someone an inch, they'll take a mile. So it has to go full-tilt like this. The upcoming recession and economic problems will be worse than the Big 'Rona though.

I'm just hoping I can go to the movie theater in June when Top Gun 2: Maverick comes out!

·
Registered
2019 ZX-10R ABS KRT
23 Posts
And to add to SkyDork's comment, the recommendations are also intended to ensure that hospitals and their staff can respond to the demand so that they do not eventually have to decide who will or will not be treated.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
either way im getting pissed of with this cant go out unless essential bollocks, at least i can ride to work but its not the same :cautious:

You can go ANYWHERE YOU LIKE (of course except closed or blocked off places like parks, beaches, etc)

If you get pulled over, simply say you've had this bad caugh and headache and are going to the Pharmacy/Rite aid to get some Alkaselzer Plus cold medicine and ask if you can be on your way.

You're welcome

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts

Deep Stat Hoax number 322.
This video has valid points, the mortality of cancer, diabetes, car accidents from DUI/Texting, etc, etc is high every single year. But I can't catch or remotely every die as a result of standing next to someone in line who has cancer and is type 1&2 Diabetic with Aids. I can however catch this Covid if they softly sneeze and a gentle breeze goes in my direction while standing behind them.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We're all on lockdown so I'll give my perspective on this since there's not much else to talk about.

I watched the video. He's hard to watch and I rank that guy right up there with all the other mainstream media outlets, just the other side of it. He's just pandering to that side of the argument. I think it's a bit disingenuous to compare a communicable viral disease with something like heart disease, accidental deaths, cancer, cirrhosis, etc. He's just throwing numbers out there as a comparison point to make his side of the case. In those instances the death rate is more based on genetics or choices made. This thing is not in that same category as it's spread so easily. The death rate is low on this thing, but it has also only effected a small percentage of people worldwide. That's not the reason for the lockdown though. It is intended to stop the transmission of the disease, which left unchecked, will quickly mutate the virus into something much worse. It's meant to slow the spread and the mutation rate until we know more about what causes it, how to interact with it, and how to prevent it in other ways. It's an overreaction to the fact that individuals really can't be trusted to follow the guidelines and do things for themselves. So, the Government has to step in like this. If you give someone an inch, they'll take a mile. So it has to go full-tilt like this. The upcoming recession and economic problems will be worse than the Big 'Rona though.

I'm just hoping I can go to the movie theater in June when Top Gun 2: Maverick comes out!

IMAX all the way!:):cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts