Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda embarassing how easy a good expert riding behind me makes it look when Im goin hard....:headshake...

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Looks fun.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hill, do you wanna be tucked in tight like you are or have your body up a little higher (over the tank) like he is? I'm workin on my skills in the mtns.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Salesguy10r said:
OK, by my calculations, guaging you against the other riders. . . YOU ARE 12 FEET TALL!!!!!!

dont forget Slow....

Seriously though, it trips me out how it looks like Mike is holding a tighter line, without leaning, or getting off the bike, as much as Hill...It could be an illusion though :dontknow:

does look like Hill got out of the corner a little faster, but Mike has gotten the bike upright quicker. puzzling to me.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It is kinda hard to tell from the photos but it looks like he did not really gain on you nor did you seem to pull away from him. The telephoto lens shortens the apparent distance in the second photo. Your style is more similar to Eric Bostroms. He maintains that low crouch, also. I would like to see M. Sanchez imitate your (or E'Boz) style more. I think he sits up too high much of the time.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Doesn't look too bad to me....

There are a couple things that stand out.... You start leaning into the turn much earlier than the #1 bike, and you seem to hit the apex a bit wide.... Who am I to criticize....? Think I'll have another :beer:

Chris

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok first of all...the turn is a double apexing turn off of a long straight.

So you have to drop two gears for it. I am taking the normal line and drifting to the outside of the track, and bein as I have a 1K, I late apex to get maximum drive for the straight that follows.

Mike is on a 600. he holds a tighter line, and turns better, and straightens up faster.

the only thing I can think of is if he just blew the first part of the turn, and stayed with me being late on the brakes, and just parked it and turned the bike hard on the front brakes.

That bike is so nimble it would be alot easier to do it with the 600 then the 1K f'sho...not to mention he's way faster than me anyway.

12ft tall...:dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zeta xray said:
It is kinda hard to tell from the photos but it looks like he did not really gain on you nor did you seem to pull away from him. The telephoto lens shortens the apparent distance in the second photo. Your style is more similar to Eric Bostroms. He maintains that low crouch, also. I would like to see M. Sanchez imitate your (or E'Boz) style more. I think he sits up too high much of the time.
the only thing I can figure is that hes hard on the front brake ther and has his weight shifted to the rear to keep from tuckin the front...:dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
after looking at those pics again....

looks like I rushed it and didn't late apex like I was suposed to...that may be part of the reason it takes me so long to stand the bike up...???

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics but how hard are you gripping the outside bar? I found the biggest difference I made to my ride was to try riding without my outside hand on the bar. I found I had been fighting myself into the corners.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
You want to be as low and off the bike as possible. That pics are certainly a trip! You look like you have the better form and speed advantage, but???? It's a friggin mystery Hill!

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
trackaddict said:
You want to be as low and off the bike as possible. That pics are certainly a trip! You look like you have the better form and speed advantage, but???? It's a friggin mystery Hill!
whats a mystery to me is how Hill keeps gettin smoked by 6's :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts