Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Wow...those are some nice seats...and some hefty prices...

If you want something like that, let me know and I'll give you the contact info for where I just had my seats done...look at this thread to see my seats:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78326&page=3

I'm pretty sure the guy who did mine could do any of those designs...in the any of those materials...for a much lower price!

Liam

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...those are some nice seats...and some hefty prices...

If you want something like that, let me know and I'll give you the contact info for where I just had my seats done...look at this thread to see my seats:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78326&page=3

I'm pretty sure the guy who did mine could do any of those designs...in the any of those materials...for a much lower price!

Liam
I didn't think it was too bad compared too fish boots:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hopefully Corbin got their shit together,because there was quite a few 06-07 members in here that Corbin screwed their seats all-up.
Corbin left major gaps in between the crouch and the base of the tank,major shit 1/2 to 3/4 inch gaps.Members complained and Corbin said "your just S.O.L"
Search issues with Corbin seats,for previous 06-07 buyers!
Thats alot a bones to part with to get a half assed product.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully Corbin got their shit together,because there was quite a few 06-07 members in here that Corbin screwed their seats all-up.
Corbin left major gaps in between the crouch and the base of the tank,major shit 1/2 to 3/4 inch gaps.Members complained and Corbin said "your just S.O.L"
Search issues with Corbin seats,for previous 06-07 buyers!
Thats alot a bones to part with to get a half assed product.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I put one on my 2005 CBR600RR and it was amazing, it's not just a seat cover it's the whole seat. They have a memory foam which makes them super comfortable and are made to order using your weight and inseam measurements. below are a few pics from when I had my Honda with the Corbin Seat which was done in all genuine leather, I'm considering ordering one for my ZX10R now that they are available.

·
Registered
137 Posts
After riding my new '08 for 260 miles today, I'm going to get one of those... Providing that quality is up to snuff, that is.
I can't figure out which part of me hurts more right now... My neck (yes), my back, my ankle, my hands/wrists, or my butt. I guess that's what I get for buying a racebike, huh? :headshake

I've never heard of any issues with Corbin seats other than here though, so maybe the 06-07 problems are a one model deal? The motorcycling public in general usually raves about their awesome quality. If the pictures shown are accurate, it doesn't seem that it'll be an issue.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The seat is definately a weak link on the 3rd Gen. It seems to be half as thick and twice as sharp as my 1st Gen seat.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I had a Corbin once

When I owned my first ZX6R back in the day.
I ordered the Original Corbin Gunfighter solo seat,it was the bomb!
What I've read about the dissatisfied 06 owners it turned me off about possibly reliving the Corbin experience.
Here is a picture of the old ZX6R and the Corbin seat.
Hopefully they've corrected the error of their ways now.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
After riding my new '08 for 260 miles today, I'm going to get one of those... Providing that quality is up to snuff, that is.
I can't figure out which part of me hurts more right now... My neck (yes), my back, my ankle, my hands/wrists, or my butt. I guess that's what I get for buying a racebike, huh? :headshake

I've never heard of any issues with Corbin seats other than here though, so maybe the 06-07 problems are a one model deal? The motorcycling public in general usually raves about their awesome quality. If the pictures shown are accurate, it doesn't seem that it'll be an issue.
I feel your pain. I did that a month or so ago and my recliner felt so good when I got home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts