Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time needing to change the coolant on my Gen1, is it ok to use prestone 50/50 generic car coolant? I know engine ice is the best, but its not available in my area, and I'm not sure if its even worth it for street duty. I look forward to your feedback, thanks!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,201 Posts
Hi everyone, first time needing to change the coolant on my Gen1, is it ok to use prestone 50/50 generic car coolant? I know engine ice is the best, but its not available in my area, and I'm not sure if its even worth it for street duty. I look forward to your feedback, thanks!

Well, the Engine Ice wouldn't be the "best stuff". So yes, the Prestone 50/50 will be fine if you're not going to track the bike.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
A few alternative to Engine Ice, Motul Motocool , Purple Ice, Liquid Performance High Performance street bike coolant, Amsoil Dominator coolant boost, Redline Supercool Waterwetter , DEF radiator Relief.

·
Registered
4 Posts
07’ coolant amount?

Hi guys, I have just conducted a cooling system flush on my 07’. The manual says it should take 2.9L including the overflow but it seems to only want to take 2L. I conducted the flush and bleed as the manual and some YouTube how to’s said to do it. Any ideas what I am missing?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The drain bolt on the front of the cylinders by the headers needs removing because the vacuum will hold all that's in the cylinder and head in, and I expect your not taking the radiator off thete is always some left in there which together would not be far off 0.9lt my guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that. I did drain through both the water pump and cylinder plugs. So it could just be that the rest is caught up in the radiator as I didn’t remove it. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I once saw a guy sucking the coolant out the radiator with a plastic pipe so he didn't have to pull the radiator off......your choice that lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts