Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out and washed my bike today, when drying, I noticed that my coolant level was low (down to the bottom of the reserve tank). I just went over 700 miles, and I know when I bought it, it was nice and level between full and add. Is this normal for the ZX10r? I've never had a bike thats done this before. No leaks detected or anti freeze residue seen on the bike or floor of my garage.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I just got the answer. I did a search like I should of before posting and saw that the topic has been discussed before. I opened up the raditor cap to let any air out and I'll keep an eye on it. Sounds like theres been some leaks before too.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I had a leak that turned out to be because I had pinched the hose from the radiator cap into the overflow reservoir when I installed the lower fairing. My fault. Fixed, problem has not recurred.

I have also found that it takes quite a while for the air to get worked out of the system, and it can seemingly drink quite a bit of coolant during this time. I thought mine had a leak, but no, it was just slowly burping itself and sucking coolant back out of the overflow tank. Just keep the tank topped off for a while, and eventually it will stop disappearing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
NWZX10 said:
Went out and washed my bike today, when drying, I noticed that my coolant level was low (down to the bottom of the reserve tank). I just went over 700 miles, and I know when I bought it, it was nice and level between full and add. Is this normal for the ZX10r? I've never had a bike thats done this before. No leaks detected or anti freeze residue seen on the bike or floor of my garage.
My coolant went down below the low mark after the first 700 miles too. Just refill and fuhgettaboutit. Now I have about 1200 miles and shes still on full.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes i just washed my bike today & noticed its right down to the bottom of the reserve tank ! My bike only has 5500 km on it

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mine drank a little coolant over the 1st couple thousand miles. filled up the resivoir and she's not thirsty anymore. Good Girl she is :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts