Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team, I changed the coolant on the bike recently, but now the bike seems to be running hot and coolant levels dropping more frequently requiring top up. The hoses are not leaking, head and gasket OK, no discolouration of coolant. I'm wondering if there is an airlock that's pushing it out the overflow? Have checked that but still same issue, worried about it running hot, as it seems to heat up faster than normal. Any ideas?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I usually need to top off the reservoir once or twice after it's been apart. The system "burps" itself, hence the need to restore the reservoir level. More than a couple times would be a concern.
The heating could be too much antifreeze not enough water. I did that to myself last year. Glycol is poor at heat transfer. I had about 60/40 antifreeze/water mix. Bike ran hot, didn't she'd heat very quickly either. I drained it, had so much antifreeze in it, it didn't even feel "wet". Left in what stayed in the motor, refilled the rest with distilled water = problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts