Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to drain my coolant and put in 'ice' for my 08' ZX-10r. There is a good thread on here for an 07, and seems like it could be the same, but I wanted to see if anyone had any step by steps for an 08'.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I just changed my coolant. Take off both lowers. Remove the right upper trim piece (between fork and upper cowl) to reveal the radiator cap. On the left side, following the hose/pipe assembly, remove the 2 clamps on the elbow hose (where it 90* turns into the engine). This will let about 1/2 gallon coolant out. Reconnect the elbow and tighten the clamps. With a long (skinney-neck) funnel, add your wetting agent and coolant (top of the radiator by removing the radiator cap). At this point it might be helpful to have the bike on it's side-stand (while gently sqeezing the lower-left hose) to force any air pockets to the top right. Top-off coolant, reinstall radiator cap, put back on the plastics, and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I know its wayy to late but...
Before you change it,run a 50/50 mix of deionized water and viniger through it a few times..
Then flush lastly with just de ioionized water and them ix yer coolant additive and water..

NEVER USE TAP WATER!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts