Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im gonna buy some new sprockets for my 05 zx10 17,291 miles on it.. im gonna change the sprockets to 16 front 41 back the chain that i bought is a 525 130 link chain.. is that the right size chain. if not what do you guys recommend

thanx

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
130 links will be way too long. You can easily press/cut the excess links out with your proper chain tool.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Talk to Mar on here. I got a Motion Pro chain tool since I just replaced my chain and sprockets and that tool makes it really easy.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I just got a 520 kit for mine (16/40), pretty sure the chain is 110 links that I got.
Double check! I don't think that will be long enough.

I ordered a 120 link chain and I believe I used 112 links. This fits every combination of 16&17 front and 41-43 rear sprockets. Currently running 17/43.

I really liked the 16/41 combo, but I wanted a tighter wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Talk to Mar on here. I got a Motion Pro chain tool since I just replaced my chain and sprockets and that tool makes it really easy.
:+1:

I haven't used the Motion Pro chain tool, but I wouldn't recommend trying this without at least the rivet tool! You need it for not only a proper rivet, but the master link is a "press fit" as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts