Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi mate, very nice work, one question...to fit the front, you need Headlight, ram air adapter o Spider?

Regards
You need everything except the ram air tube.
Gen4 clocks fit gen5 clock bracket.
I swapped headlight looms from the gen4 into gen5 lights

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking into swapping complete bodykit from gen4 to gen5.
I can get hold of a complete bodykit but what else is needed? Undertray? Front ram air pipe?
The gen4 tank looks identical so the surrounds should fit straight on.
Any thoughts?
What do you need to put the gen 5 headlights on the gen 4?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tank and tank fairing pieces are interchangeable between gen 4 and gen 5. The fuel pump connector is different but the pump is the same. The fairings will mount perfectly if you change fairing stay and back section of the rear subframe. The headlights will mount on either fairing stay however the contour of the gen 5 headlights won't line up unless you put the gen 4 headlights on the gen 4 fairings. View attachment 365905

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
What about connecting the gen 5 headlights on the gen 4, are the connectors the same?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You need to take the loom out the gen4 headlights and fit it in the gen5 lights. You need the clock bracket too. Otherwise straight swap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I know I’m late to this post, but I’m currently facelifting my gen 4 to a gen 5, does anyone have any pics of the build process? Would like to cross reference a few things, ie; how things fit up and what do I have to do with the headlights? Do I disassemble the entire fixture? Or can I just cut and splice the wires?, and pics would be a great help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. Can I cut the connectors from the gen 4 headlights and splice them on the gen 5 instead of changing looms ? Thk u in advance.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Should be fine to do that splicing there is no difference 12v is 12v regardless of the bike, only exception is when it's led you need to wire into before the ballist

41 - 59 of 59 Posts