Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into swapping complete bodykit from gen4 to gen5.
I can get hold of a complete bodykit but what else is needed? Undertray? Front ram air pipe?
The gen4 tank looks identical so the surrounds should fit straight on.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tank and tank fairing pieces are interchangeable between gen 4 and gen 5. The fuel pump connector is different but the pump is the same. The fairings will mount perfectly if you change fairing stay and back section of the rear subframe. The headlights will mount on either fairing stay however the contour of the gen 5 headlights won't line up unless you put the gen 4 headlights on the gen 4 fairings. ImageUploadedByMO Free1459691932.367826.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Interested....

So to convert the gen4 to gen5 tail besides all plastics you have to change the aluminiun fairing stay at the back only but not the 2 subrame rails...?

and if the tank and and fairings match, you can convert a gen4 into a gen5 if you get a full fairing and a set of headlights...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep. I converted to a gen 4 bodywork. For the track and to do track days I am a coach with Stt.

You need a gen 4 fairing stay, headlight and fairings. I am going to try to fit gen 4 fairings to the rear to see if I can make them fit. The rest of the bike is a direct fit

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thats great info there. Is the fairing stay seperate from the ram air tube? If so are the ram air tubes the same? Shame about the rear subframe being different. That makes it harder for me to do

·
Registered
757 Posts
Tank and tank fairing pieces are interchangeable between gen 4 and gen 5. The fuel pump connector is different but the pump is the same. The fairings will mount perfectly if you change fairing stay and back section of the rear subframe. The headlights will mount on either fairing stay however the contour of the gen 5 headlights won't line up unless you put the gen 4 headlights on the gen 4 fairings. View attachment 365905

any chance you could measure the outlet diameter of the link pipe?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive just brought a gen5 krt bodykit that i want to fit on my gen4. I havnt got the undetray. Subframe or the headlight bracket though

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A little update. Started to strip gen4 stuff off to see how easy the gen5 fairings are to fit and noticed that kawasaki decided to change their plug shapes for the lights/ indicators etc... so they are not just plug and play. So put it on hold for now

·
Registered
757 Posts
Gen 5 headers fit on the Gen 4 btw, just makes it slightly longer ill post up a photo soon. Re body work you would need front air tube for a gen 5 in order to fit Gen 5 front fairings, and obviously Gen 5 headlight, frame changes didnt effect mounting locations it was more changes to the headstock having the adjustable cups and a few other changes to strengthen the walls of the frame, plus the removal of the second set of rearset mounting points.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nooooo! Don't do it! The Gen 4 front end looks better than the Gen 5 front end. Well, in my humble opinion anyway.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nooooo! Don't do it! The Gen 4 front end looks better than the Gen 5 front end. Well, in my humble opinion anyway.
Yeah i agree but i think its because of the gen5 top fairings being black and then stupid stickers. I plan to make it anniversary colours and im confident that would look ace

1 - 20 of 59 Posts