Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 08 Blue/Black ZX10R after ridding Honda for 10 years. Still have 07 1000RR, I hope the Green machines stacks up. Any one ride both bikes? Im heading to bike week wich will be the first time I ride the Kaw.

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
if the 08 is anything like my o5 10R...........your honda is gonna be collecting dust!!...lol......the 10 is a beast bro!.........you are really gonna be surprised with the raw power delivery of these bikes!!........your RR is gonna seem tame to this torque monster !!.......be safe......ride hard!!...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
:welcome::welcome:...oh yeah.....welcome to the best Forum on the web!!...lots of great guys and gals here....and gobs of good info!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 07 RR was a torque monster, it easily pulled up in 1-3 gear just by hard accel and 4th gear with a slight pop. Is the 10R worthy? I hope it has that low end torque like the Honda.
if the 08 is anything like my o5 10R...........your honda is gonna be collecting dust!!...lol......the 10 is a beast bro!.........you are really gonna be surprised with the raw power delivery of these bikes!!........your RR is gonna seem tame to this torque monster !!.......be safe......ride hard!!...

·
Registered
611 Posts
i used to work for Honda, and have ridden cbr1000rr's on daily basis.
my '06 10R is so raw! i absolutely love it!
the honda is very tame, in comparison.

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Just bought the 08 Blue/Black ZX10R after ridding Honda for 10 years. Still have 07 1000RR, I hope the Green machines stacks up. Any one ride both bikes? Im heading to bike week wich will be the first time I ride the Kaw.
Awsome and welcome!!! Just like me, and i´m also new in this forum. I´ve been riding Honda for many years but sold my raceblade 1000RR (keeping my CBR 929RR for street though) and now i´ve bought a new ZX10 -08. Scheduled to be delivered sometime in March. Let us know what you think of the differences between your bikes. Cheers.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Congrats!! you've made to the dark side.... be careful when you unleash the beast..because a Honda 1000RR and a legendary ZX10R is like... Night and Day ..a big difference!! be scarred...be very scarred!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
835 Posts
:welcome:Welcome!:welcome:

·
Registered
63 Posts
First of all, welcome aboard! :hello:

Ok, I can't really comment on the newer models, but I have an 05 10R and a good friend of mine has an 05 CBR 1K which I have ridden quite a few times and I can say that between those two...it is like night and day.

The 10R is an all out beast of a machine and the CBR is very tame compared to it. The CBR is a more laid back 1000 compared to the 10R, but both will put a smile on your face when you twist that throttle. :thumbsup:

It's all a matter of preference when it comes down to it and it may depend a bit on your riding style. For the most part, the CBR is a bit "easier" to ride since its not as "raw" as the 10R is. The 10R demands respect at all times. Either way, as long as your riding that's all that matters. Enjoy them both.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Guess I'm to late....I heard the 08 Honda 1ks might even be better than the 08 Kawi 1ks...maybe not in HP but on the Track and Roll-ons.....some might say I'm :stir: but hate to see someone switch from Honda after all that loyalty for so long. :mrgreen: :lol:

almost forgot :welcome::helmet:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
My 07 RR was a torque monster, it easily pulled up in 1-3 gear just by hard accel and 4th gear with a slight pop. Is the 10R worthy? I hope it has that low end torque like the Honda.
haha my 04 does that wo a prob...and its lowered a 1''

1 - 20 of 35 Posts