Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awesome!! Nice looking bike for sure. I like the brushed look on the exhaust as well. This must be a 2014? I didn't know dealers had them in stock yet.
This is the first one Echo got in. Aaron was telling me how you passed him on the track riding two up, when he was on his 675, hahaha.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, just a quick update. I've got about 6000KM on the Ninja1000 now, and I must say it didn't dissapoint! I took it on a nice 4 day trip through the Kootenays and it did great! Comfy, loved the corners, plenty of power, and luggage for all my shit. I got to ride it back to back with the ZX10 for the first time as well. On the track, the ZX10 is king, but around town, and for touring, this thing rocks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Good call. I just did a 2 day event for kawi at a local track. I still chose the n1000 for most of the sessions. It just does it all

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad this thread is here. Seriously considering one of these 2014 Ninja 1000s as a touring bike or alt when my gen 4 zx10r is down for service. I do a lot of riding as and as much as I love the zx10r when I'm putting 200-400 miles a day on my bike I would like a lot more comfort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the oil starvation issue with the clutch on their previous models already addressed? I would like to get Ninja as well but still looking at different reviews.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had a 2014 Z1000 for about six months now. I love it. I have a Gen 2 ZX10R track bike and recently sold my Gen 4 ZX10R. No looking back. I have pulled a few 4-500 mile rides on it. Bags are roomy, plenty of power with the full Akra header using the stock cans and Ivan's tune, and comfortable enough. Nice range too, as I have gone close to 200 miles on a tank a few times. I had C14 for a while, but just a bit too big for me to push around. It is so nice my girlfriend sold her Valkyrie and bought a 2015 with bags.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm interested too. Both me and my gen 1 just can't get along anymore. This new 1000 looks decent enuff and I could actually ride it 4-5 hrs with the wife. I wanna know just how comfy it is.
You can make any RR bike comfy... Easy peasy.

For starters, toss out the clip-ons, and install Street handle bars to sit up like a street rider should be sitting.

Spiegler sells complete kits for that...
It's a huge movement in Europe, making that conversion...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts