Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my concealed handgun training today. I passed the written and shooting tests and now have to wait up to 60 days to get my license. When that finally happens I guess the Glock32 will be my new riding partner. :wink:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Just did my concealed handgun training today. I passed the written and shooting tests and now have to wait up to 60 days to get my license. When that finally happens I guess the Glock32 will be my new riding partner. :wink:
dude if you fail the shooting test, you should be shot, 20 rounds in a target 21 feet away is like shooting a shot gun indoors your gonna hit the dam thing lol''

Make sure u got a good holster wouldnt be fun explaining why your gun was sliding down the road and shot the tire off a semi that ran over 3 cars lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
i carry my glock 26 with me when I ride...or my kimber Ultra CDPII

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude if you fail the shooting test, you should be shot, 20 rounds in a target 21 feet away is like shooting a shot gun indoors your gonna hit the dam thing lol''

Make sure u got a good holster wouldnt be fun explaining why your gun was sliding down the road and shot the tire off a semi that ran over 3 cars lol
Yep, that would suck. If I ride and carry it will most likely be in my side cargo in my tank bag. The thought of a get off with a pistol going into my ribs or hip just sounds painful. The shooting test was easy. 20 rounds at 3 yards, 20 rounds at 7 yards, and 10 rounds at 15 yards. He did say some people in previous classes had to retest the shooting part. I just hope those people are not on the other side of the crowd where I am at. LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live in live in PA where you walk into the Sheriff's office hand them $25, no test and walk out with license in wallet in less than 20 min. (they call FBI and get an instant repsonse) Its harder to order a value meal at taco bell than to get your ltc. Anyway, respect the gun and learn how to use it and you will be fine. I usually carry SIG P220 DAK. Blackhawk Serpa 2 holster...simply the best carry option out there, its what most state police and military use for conceal carry.

·
Registered
608 Posts
:thumbsup:
I live in live in PA where you walk into the Sheriff's office hand them $25, no test and walk out with license in wallet in less than 20 min. (they call FBI and get an instant repsonse) Its harder to order a value meal at taco bell than to get your ltc. Anyway, respect the gun and learn how to use it and you will be fine. I usually carry SIG P220 DAK. Blackhawk Serpa 2 holster...simply the best carry option out there, its what most state police and military use for conceal carry.

Lucky your not in Philly it's a bitch here. When I was in centre county it was cake!

I roll around with my glock 32 baby!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DAMN!!!! I had to do a 10 hour class. I would gladly do a 20 minute wait.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbsup:

Lucky your not in Philly it's a bitch here. When I was in centre county it was cake!

I roll around with my glock 32 baby!
I love the Glock32. I shot it for the first time today. I thought it was going to kick hard (for a .357-sig) but it shot like a .380. I use to shoot a 9mm Taurus 24/7 Pro and I thought it was the best shooting gun that I have ever put rounds through, but the glock32 has it beat hands down.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Yep, did the TX course too. The shooting portion was very easy, the classroom portion was long. However, the classroom portion was very informative. Odd thing about TX is if you shoot with a semi-auto you can carry anything. Shoot with a revolver and your limited to carrying revolvers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I carry my mosberg 12GA pump with folding stock when I ride. It fits pretty snug and secure in my back pocket. Nah... J/K... I carry my Sig P238 (.380) where ever I may go/roll. It's pretty small and compact, so it don't distract me when I'm doing stuff. :thumbsup:

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love guns, and have been shooting since I was 9 or 10.

I just don't really understand the need to carry when riding. Has anyone here actually been in a situation where a firearm was needed when on your bike?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love guns, and have been shooting since I was 9 or 10.

I just don't really understand the need to carry when riding. Has anyone here actually been in a situation where a firearm was needed when on your bike?
I grew up in SWKansas and now live in Dallas and I will say yes in certain cities like houston/dallas carrying does make me feel better. Its not that these cities are a wild west lawless but there are a lot more crazy people out here

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
hahaah shit if you are unsafe where you live..that is just too bad.. Cannot believe some people go out riding everytime with a pistol wtf? I got Bear Pepper spray in my car :) and all the guns are at work! Never owned a rifle. Pistols are damn gay anyways! lol

1 - 20 of 94 Posts