Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....your suppose to do it after getting the engine warm then take everything apart and measure......well I didn't go that fast and the bike was kind of cold.. but was more concerned about 1 cylinder after doing the Valve adjustment.....wanted to see if there was something different there but so far the answer is no.

After about 5 cranks or a little more on EACH measurement each Cylinder was getting the exact same measurement even though it was somewhat cold.

1-4 180PSI all THE SAME.....book says hot 159-242PSI(20R/Min) but happy they are ALL the same and still in spec this bike must have over 30k miles and still runs very strong.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Good deal blue.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Awesome news, have you been able to ride her since the valve adjustment? Also on an unrelated note I remember awhile back you said that you were having clutch issues, and in another thread I mentioned my bike was very difficult to slide the clutch and you mentioned yours did the same thing.

My ? Is have you inspected the actual clutch basket, that ended up being my problem, my steels actually dug groves into my basket.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff.....Kawi's can go the distance...
that's what I have been thinking and why I bought a Kawi in the first place....ok again. :wink:

My old late 80s honda was good too for awhile but my ZX9R ninja stood strong for 20k before I sold it not even a valve adjustment......this old 1st Gen though has been the best though so far when you count the performance you get and fun factor for little money. :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome news, have you been able to ride her since the valve adjustment? Also on an unrelated note I remember awhile back you said that you were having clutch issues, and in another thread I mentioned my bike was very difficult to slide the clutch and you mentioned yours did the same thing.

My ? Is have you inspected the actual clutch basket, that ended up being my problem, my steels actually dug groves into my basket.

yes bud I seen your thread I will check it out and thanks for that info....might try to hit the strip next Wed. to see how my clutch is working :dontknow:....but will definitely look closer if need be for things like you stated...thanks:eek:ccasion1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts