Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I dropped some spare panels off my HP4 to probably one of the best bike painters in the UK today... I did say I would plug them, not as if they need anymore business ... I won't get mine back till February...the race teams come first...well they do pay the most.

Anyways as a by product of my excursion I dropped in to the local MV/Suzi dealer in Fife..as you do !... and have fallen head over with.....no not the bird with the big tits that works there...but this !...

It's stunning albeit my pic is crap, but in the flesh it's a serious work of art...so I'll include a stock pic. I know zilch about MVs, so have had a "MVathon", think Jack Blacks Kennedy Center "ZEPathon" since I came home, you'll get the idea, gets a great write up and I'm seriously thinking of buying one. Great on track and where I live we have arguably the best roads in the UK.. I'm looking for something different a smaller capacity 3cyl triple excites me and would be sensational road or track.

Anyone any experience or know of anyone who has one, real feedback would be good to hear .

It really is beautiful. Earlier I emailed the sales guy firming up my thoughts and asking his best price on it.. doubt there's much wiggle room.

I welcome any opinions good or bad guys..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,773 Posts
Well, you know what they say about opinions.....they are like assholes, everybody has one! :ROFLMAO:

But since you asked, here's mine. You don't see MVs around very often. They seem to make a nice product and seem to be a bit more exclusive than the typical ones out there. The overall design of it is sharp. From the front though, it reminds me of a Gixxer. Not a fan of that. :D The color scheme doesn't do much for me either. It's a track-replica with the number plates and stuff, but the red accent lines through it off for me. I'm sure it performs pretty well, but it doesn't really stand out and you have to get right up on it to notice it's an MV. Not my thing, but it ain't my money and that single-sided swingarm is pretty killer!

Reactions: stuartb

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
If you want something new and unique the Aprilia 660 might fit the bill 😏

I like the mv. De Rosa has been competitive on it for WSS.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would go right ahead and buy it , then once the dust on the divorce has settled and you are still able to type, you can tell us all what its like to ride :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol... I'm 95% of the way there (in my head). If I'm buying new I wanted something different, Skydork is right about the nose cone looking gixxerish, however in the flesh it is utterly stunning, the paint is as deep and rich as any exotic car, the components are all beautifully machined and finished, the nose cone looks absolutely right for the bike in the flesh.

The Aprilia has great looks, and would make a cracking baby track bike, don't think I could live with under 100 brake and it would be far too busy on the gearbox for me to keep it buzzing, our roads roads round my area are more "suited if you can call it that for larger capacity bikes, so the 800 cc was a nice balance of power/capacity and performance.. says me that's never ridden one lol.. But you know it will be good just by looking at it and it's heritage... so here's hoping...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go right ahead and buy it , then once the dust on the divorce has settled and you are still able to type, you can tell us all what its like to ride :D
Already divorced.. lol. sure will, dry days only

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opted for this model guys, paid top money for it, but the colour scheme is miles better than the '20 model.

So this is a '17 with 777 miles on it, owner used it on maybe 6 or 7 rides it's completely unmarked and in fantastic order.

It really is beautiful in the flesh, the images don't do it justice, was only 2 grand less than a brand new model, so took a punt on it, but theres no contest on the looks side.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So the seduction is complete and you have taken possession of the exotic Italian supermodel !

Hopefully your leap of faith will be rewarded and you will feel just the same when the honeymoon is over. There is no doubt this is a very special motorcycle with power and handling in just the right balance to make a real riders bike.

I believe it is a limited edition and wouldn't be too surprised if it held its value in much the same way as some Ducatis. I do have a feeling though that she will not live comfortably with her two stablemates....

I will continue to watch this space :)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,773 Posts
Congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the seduction is complete and you have taken possession of the exotic Italian supermodel !

Hopefully your leap of faith will be rewarded and you will feel just the same when the honeymoon is over. There is no doubt this is a very special motorcycle with power and handling in just the right balance to make a real riders bike.

I believe it is a limited edition and wouldn't be too surprised if it held its value in much the same way as some Ducatis. I do have a feeling though that she will not live comfortably with her two stablemates....

I will continue to watch this space :)
The seduction was overwhelming lets say, yea I'll need to sell my ZX only to create space, however I'm not 100% set on that as I love it, and she owes me 7k...

Hmmm... im loathe to spend any money on her now, but I will need to replace that left leg if selling. Was also thinking about changing the rad, can get a pattern one over here delivered for 85 quid..

Might just do it for the hell of it..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new bike mate!
Thanks Rob, Laguna Seca looked brilliant, I'd come over just for the experience of a good few sessions there..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts