Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Is that all you need to stretch a bike?
It doesnt say how much longer the extensions are.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that all you need to stretch a bike?
It doesnt say how much longer the extensions are.
yep... and im runnin the same extensions and there 4-8 inch over.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
would you mind showing me a pic of yours please?

I know in many threads i have bashed stretching bikes, but my project 10 is going to be a street fighter for goofing around on and i am thinking about putting up right handle bars on it and stretching and lowering it. I think it would be fun.

Is this seriously worth considering buying? this deal i mean

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Also how do these attach to your swing arm? I see some holes but no bolts etc in their pic.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey here is a pic of my gen1... the extensions fits where your axel adjuster blocks are out and bolt on to the bike side of your swingarm, very easy to do and only take mins to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Well I spike to the seller he said what is in the pic is everything. Is it missing a few bolts?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
the extensions attach via 2 bolts. You slide them into the swingarm where the axle used to go, then there is a plate that goes on the inside of the swingarm on each side and you bolt into the backside of the extension through the plate to secure them. 4 bolts and you can buy them at an Ace Hardware store. The brake line looks like youre going to have to crimp the banjo fittings yourself though. In the picture, they are boxed separately from the stainless line. The other thing is that you will need to grind or cut down your stock brake block on the inside of the swingarm to install these or the tire is going to rub on it and probably eventually pop.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
ok cheers for the info fellas.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
np, hope it helped

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
No i didn't. I am going to wait until closer to fall and do a bit more research on things i'm thinking of doing to the street fighter.
When it gets closer to the time i will make a thread and ask for some input on stuff i'm looking at buying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts