Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all - i'm new to the board... so here it goes

the bike i baught has an Arata full system, PCIII USB, custom dyno map. because of that, the exaust valve doesnt exist as a part of the exaust system. but there still exists, plugged in and all - the black box that pulls the cables to open and close the exaust valve..

no cables are present, but the electrical connections are still installed and plugged in. so can i disconnect the electrical wires and remove the black box? if the bike will run fine without the the black box connected, the IMO its just dead weight :wink:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Dead weight indeed but if you remove the box and assoc wires you'll get the FI light from hell on the instrument cluster.

BD

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"associate wires" whats that? and the fuel lite it ALWAYS on because the PCIII is installed and the previous owner never bothered to disable the light.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ok i'll be more specific. theres two wires/connectors exiting from the servo mtr that once disconnected will result in the red 'FI'=fuel injection light lit.

BD

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
again, my light is allready on, so i really dont care if the bike is modded in such a way that will cause the light to be on..

.. will my bike run ok/correctly with the two wires/connectors servo motor disconnected?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
tite!

its almost 2am here...... but i'm now gonna remove that heavy motherfacker!

edit: wow - weighed nearly a pound if not a full pound! mission remove weight directly off the top of the bike = successful.

:thumbsup:

bike has come a long way today... gonna do this mod... i adjusted the throttle real perfect and nice, installed the passenger pegs, removed all the stickers/decals (btw i cant get the glue off the body for the tailsection "zx10r' sticker - any tips?), changed to GP shifting (reverse) which i beleive to make SO much more sence.... anywayz looking forward to tieing up more loose ends and further modding! :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
SpeedyCorky said:
"associate wires" whats that? and the fuel lite it ALWAYS on because the PCIII is installed and the previous owner never bothered to disable the light.

I have a PCIII and my fuel light isn't on......

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If the fi light is on the computer goes into default mode and the bike will be running about 10% rich. It does this so if anything is wrong with the engine it will keep from burning itself up.
I was changing the coolant and left a sensor unplugged, I knew something was wrong with it right away because it was very lazy on the throttle. Looked down and the light was on. Plugged it back in and now it runs fine.
There is a shop around here to remain nameless but they mapped a friends k4 withthe light on. Told him that it does not matter. Once the light was fixed it stumbled terrible, hince because it was mapped with the light on and then fixed it was then 10% too lean.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
PCIII should not cause an FI light. If you have an FI light, you have something that isn't working right.
:+1: no lights with my pcIII either...may wanna check into that...

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
"I don't care about the FI light" - The Power Commander should not cause an EFI fault code to be set. If the light is on, there is something wrong with the bike.

You should scan the ECU for codes. All you need is a short piece of wire and the shop manual to interpret the codes.

I believe that Ivan sells a widget that plugs into the harness and tricks the computer into thinking that the servo is still there. He's one of the sponsors of this site, and one of the banner advertisers.

You really should get that FI light sorted out. If the light is always on (e.g. due to some minor fault), and something *else* goes wrong (e.g. something that is a ticking time bomb), you are never going to know it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts