Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the competition werkes license plate installed. Also the puig windscreen, modded exhaust mount, Buell foot pegs and not seen is a 1/5 throttle insert and rad protector. The pegs are just till I can afford rearsets. Not sure what then. 16 sprocket or Xtre.

Attachments

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Not trying to sound bad, but that heat wrap is not needed!! On some pipes over time it will make for a nasty crack in your pipe etc.

But sick bike man, did you tint your tail light or get a new one?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
As I understand it, you shouldn't wrap Titanium because it needs to "throw off" heat. Wrapping it prevents that and screws it up on a molecular level (got this info from a company that makes the wrap).

I wrapped the pipes on an '04 R1 I had (stainless steel)...incredible difference in heat radiation....no longer baked my loins.:lol:

BTW...nice bike!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies and thumbs up. Exhaust hanger I made from the stock one. About a hour with a angle grinder and file. I needed the inch with the buell pegs because of a knee issue. Yeah the wrap is just for looks. The pipe is just steel so shouldn't be a deal. Hope to go to a full system down the road. Taillight is a LP integrated smoked ebay deal. It was 80.00 and the fit is so so but it looks good.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
What frame sliders are those and did you have to cut any plastics??? Great looking bike, I like the Darth Vader look of the all black.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Got a closeup of those Buell pegs? I fractured my knee cap and tore my ACL/MCL a couple years ago and it still locks up from time to time even after the surgeries. I could use an extra inch to relax the knee for sure. I'd have to get them powder coated or paint them black.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You guys don't have to run the "bilboards" for a plate like they do in England do you?
from my understanding, the Rego plate in itself isn't so much the problem... but you have to have a rear reflector at like 45 degree angle from the center of your rear wheel (at least this is the biggest thing that cops complain about)

which is FREAKING out there, if you think about it (or look at a picture)... so that's why there's huge gay-as rear-fenders. People try to file down the sides sometimes, but IMO it doesn't make it look any better.

It gives me a complex!! hahahahaa I often think twice when taking the lead...
"Now everybody can see how big my butt is!" :helmet:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I work 24 hr shifts and can not use this sight at work. I will get a close up of the pegs. The reason for them is a knee injury. It does help but makes the rear brake pedal feel less natural. Sliders are Champs and there was a little cutting on the left side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts