Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a Competition Werkes moto gp slip on for my 06-07 zx10r. Was wondering if any one has or has heard of it, is it worth getting for 350 or should i save my money for a muzzy or a brocks?

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
I didn't even know they had one like that out for the 2nd gen. I think it def looks good. I dunno man, how concerned are you with hp? I'm very happy with my M10 all things considered. I'm sure you'll get more out of one those mentioned full systems but this slip on will definitely compare looks wise. So what do you ultimately want?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
do they have carbon fiber

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even know they had one like that out for the 2nd gen. I think it def looks good. I dunno man, how concerned are you with hp? I'm very happy with my M10 all things considered. I'm sure you'll get more out of one those mentioned full systems but this slip on will definitely compare looks wise. So what do you ultimately want?
I'm not to much worried about hp I think it will gain some either way and cut a lot of weight and looks cool I think I'll probably get it next week. eBay has them for $333 with free shipping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I may order mine next week and see how it goes. eBay has them pretty cheap. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i have that pipe on my 08 and love it, the finish and quality are very high and the people at werkes are friendly. i have a vid of it on youtube and some pics here on the forum, if you want them let me know

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think I may order mine next week and see how it goes. eBay has them pretty cheap. I'll let you know how it goes.
Definitely do. I'd sell you my full m10 for $350 but, it's more function than form as the can is pretty ugly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely do. I'd sell you my full m10 for $350 but, it's more function than form as the can is pretty ugly.
I will probably get it powdercoated black when I get it so it should make it look alot better I think. I like the can other than the welds being expose like that. I figure the powdercoating will hide most of it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have it and am happy with it. Definately not something you see everyday and not many people have even heard of them. I was thinking about powder coating mine too until i actually got it in hand. The welds are second to none and brushed stainless finish looks great. Everything fit fine. Just keep in mind you will have to trim the lower fairing and the plate (actually i just removed mine and have yet to put it back) on the swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it and am happy with it. Definately not something you see everyday and not many people have even heard of them. I was thinking about powder coating mine too until i actually got it in hand. The welds are second to none and brushed stainless finish looks great. Everything fit fine. Just keep in mind you will have to trim the lower fairing and the plate (actually i just removed mine and have yet to put it back) on the swingarm.
That looks real good how does it sound, i'm guessing it doesn't come with a cat delete pipe. How loud is it can you make a video or sound clip.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sorry don't have a sound clip. And no it does not come with a cat delete pipe. It's made to slip right onto the stock cat.
It's not as loud as i thought it would be at idle, definately louder than stock. It's kinda of higher pitched not as deep or throaty a sound as compaired to like a two bros or something but thats probably because the pipe is not as big inside. It really sounds off though when you crank on it, alot like the GP bike IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i ordered my competition werkes gp exhaust yesterday cant wait till it comes in. Ill try to get pics and maybe a video or sound clip

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you guys have a comparison hp/performance wise with this vs stock? I have the roaring toys. I LOVE the sound but i do lose out on the top end because of the lack of back pressure. If this does provide some gains then i'll look to swap out as it will be close to the look i have with mine now.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just intalled my competition werkes exhaust yesterday and i absolutly love it the hardest part was trimming the fairing but other than that its a breeze... sounds amazing def worth every penny, looks better in person than in pics...
i have noticed a power difference, def feels a lot stronger...

·
Registered
620 Posts
:thumbsup: Now lets see some pics

1 - 20 of 94 Posts