Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup Y'all!!

I am looking at picking up an '08 10R soon! I am not a newbie, been riding since I was 16, just made 36 recently so it's been 20 years (Damn, has it been THAT LONG???) Anyhow, I have been mainly riding sportbikes the whole time. I have owned ONE Harley chopper which was nothing like what I usually ride but sometimes you just want to try something "very different", you know? The last bike I owned was a 2005 ZX-10R, I sold it to get back into fast cars. I realized that no matter how fast a car was compared to riding a liter bike they all felt slow. Before that I had a 2002 Yamaha R-1 which was an awesome ride, that model was good because it had the long stroke motor plus fuel injection. I had a GRAVES full titanium pipe and PCIII and that thing would fly.........when I sold the R1 and bought the '05 ZX-10R I could not believe the difference!! The 10R is a MONSTA!!!! I used to post up a lot on the R1 forums and when I had my '05 10R I would just lurk around here every so often. Now that I am coming back to the 10R I thought I would check in with everyone and help contribute what I know and seek help here with what I do not know. I'm from Hawaii by the way, Waikiki to be exact. Looking forward to posting here. Check out these pics of my old bikes.

:hello:

2005 ZX-10R

2002 Yamaha R-1

1988 Suzuki GSXR 1100J

1955 Harley Davidson Panhead Chopper

Sonny

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:welcome:

I remember the day on them GSXR's, when that Oakley sticker was the shits. That was THE first "mod" to ANY GSXR.:heyyou:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wow look at that 1100, what a beast!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comments guys! As for the Oakley sticker........well, I got it that way. That pic was taken the day I rode the bike home from the dock, you don't find bikes like that old school GSXR anywhere for sale here in Hawaii so I had it shipped in. When I picked it up it had 12psi of air in each tire and the suspension was shot (as you can see in the pic, I'm not THAT heavy). Also if you've ever been to Hawaii you know about the ABC stores too, these are little convenience stores that basically charge triple for whatever you need since there are really no grocery stores in Waikiki. There are like a billion ABC stores here so a lot of the locals joke around and say that the ABC stands for "All Blocks Covered" or "Around Both Corners". Here is what I sold my old 10R for:

1993 Mazda RX7 twin Turbo ('99 spec JDM front end)

Damn I miss my car............but with 2 kids I can't have all the toys I want right away............eventually I will buy another RX7 but for now my focus is the '08 10R. Those of you who do not have kids yet let this be a lesson to you, either get fixed or buy ALL your toys NOW before the kids come!! :wink:

Sonny

1 - 20 of 34 Posts