Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had comcast forever but got tired of paying top dollar and them always wanting to jack price up. A lot of friends have dish and are more than happy but I'm a little hesitant mainly because of the issues with dish when they first came out. I guess what should I look out for or what to expect? I've been told to have it mounted low because a wet snow I'll have to brush it off. Anyone else switch and are you happy our disappointed?

Sent from my Droid with love!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Go with Dish network, I had Dish for 2 years, and just switch to the lastest and greatest Direct tv technology, and can say without a doubt that Dish network was 10x better and I even had 2 year old equipment, and I'm sure dish networks New stuff would even be better.

I'm really regretting making the switch.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Good call.

:thumbsup: I finally gave into the wife's demands and did this as well. No matter what people say, if you get a bad storm, the shit will go out. But not for long. It's ok. Takes a second to get use to for sure. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
795 Posts
:thumbsup: I finally gave into the wife's demands and did this as well. No matter what people say, if you get a bad storm, the shit will go out. But not for long. It's ok. Takes a second to get use to for sure. :eek:ccasion1
:+1: Even in high wind. We had Direct TV for several years. They pissed me off after moving - didn't show up to install when supposed to. So I cancelled them.

Their channel line-up isn't bad, and overall we were pleased with the service. They just pissed me off at the worst possible moment.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I got ATT U-verse last week and i like it. Its 140 a month for HD-DVR with bookoo channels, and the fastest internet they have. When they came out the fucked up my alarm system so it wasnt monitered so I had to have certified come out and fix it, but I did get a wireless box out of the deal so I can take my tv anywhere and still watch my shows

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I have Dish network for 8+ yrs and i wont go to cable and pay $70 more for same shit..
Direc tv suks i switched to them once &3weeks later wife was sick of there constant outages..

Dish network only goes out with a decent size storm.. my antenna is mounted on a 4x4 6' tall clear view to sky... Hell if u want i can mail u a gift card it gets u free install DVR free hbo/max/show time along with a $50 credit on your first bill...(i get $5 off my bill per month if you use it)

Another thing Dish dont like raising prices but with that u will loose channels until they settle on afair price..

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have Dish network for 8+ yrs and i wont go to cable and pay $70 more for same shit..
I thought about getting Dish, but when I found out 1 dish goes to two TVs, I wasn't to please. The guy said that whatever I'm watching will also be displayed in the "slave" tv, which kinda negates the point. We have 4 TV's that all get watched at different times, by different people, watching different stuff.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy who installed Direct TV told me to take some vegetable oil and coat the dish with it. This will keep the snow from sticking to the dish, no joke!
Just had it installed and he told me the same thing.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about getting Dish, but when I found out 1 dish goes to two TVs, I wasn't to please. The guy said that whatever I'm watching will also be displayed in the "slave" tv, which kinda negates the point. We have 4 TV's that all get watched at different times, by different people, watching different stuff.
We can watch different shows at the same time.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've looked at the Dish website. Looking into it - no SPEED HD, :sad:. So far, looks like the 250 channel package might work.
:eek:ccasion1
Thats why I went direct. Speed, velocity and bbc america.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
1 box controls 2tvs I watch different shows on dif, Channels all the time
.... Could be the area your in?? but wife watches BS reality I go in bedroom and look at something else I have 1 dish and 1DVR box...

Also have speed bbc ,not sure what velocity is.... I don't have HD tv so no HD service here

·
Registered
795 Posts
.... Could be the area your in?? but wife watches BS reality I go in bedroom and look at something else I have 1 dish and 1DVR box...

Also have speed bbc ,not sure what velocity is.... I don't have HD tv so no HD service here
:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

:+1:With Dish it's a setting thing...you set it up as Dual or Mono meaning share with another TV which means the other TV only watches one channel what it wants or Dual both TVs watch the same thing and get 2 channels at the same time plus any recordings you want to watch in dual or mono. I had both Comcast DirectV for many years finally ended up with Dish the customer service is Second to none and the equipment is grade 1.

bloo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts